Yealink Forums
W56H handsets won't update to latest firmware. - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: W56H handsets won't update to latest firmware. (/showthread.php?tid=42545)

W56H handsets won't update to latest firmware. - flowdesignstudio - 03-11-2019 06:13 PM

We have a W60B base and 2 W56H handsets. The base has the latest firmware but the handsets will not keep the latest firmware, by that I mean they will revert themselves shortly after I manually update them. It's worth mentioning that these phones are autoprovisioned through RingCentral. Is anyone else having this or a similar issue?

RE: W56H handsets won't update to latest firmware. - complex1 - 03-11-2019 06:55 PM

(03-11-2019 06:13 PM)flowdesignstudio Wrote:  We have a W60B base and 2 W56H handsets. The base has the latest firmware but the handsets will not keep the latest firmware, by that I mean they will revert themselves shortly after I manually update them. It's worth mentioning that these phones are autoprovisioned through RingCentral. Is anyone else having this or a similar issue?

Hi,

It could be the firmware in the handsets are customized by RingCentral or other company.
Then most likely that’s why they revert to the previous installed firmware.
Please contact RingCentral and ask them if they are willing to help you to upgrade the firmware of the handsets.
What firmware version are the handsets running?

Hope this will help.

RE: W56H handsets won't update to latest firmware. - flowdesignstudio - 03-11-2019 07:06 PM

(03-11-2019 06:55 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(03-11-2019 06:13 PM)flowdesignstudio Wrote:  We have a W60B base and 2 W56H handsets. The base has the latest firmware but the handsets will not keep the latest firmware, by that I mean they will revert themselves shortly after I manually update them. It's worth mentioning that these phones are autoprovisioned through RingCentral. Is anyone else having this or a similar issue?

Hi,

It could be the firmware in the handsets are customized by RingCentral or other company.
Then most likely that’s why they revert to the previous installed firmware.
Please contact RingCentral and ask them if they are willing to help you to upgrade the firmware of the handsets.
What firmware version are the handsets running?

Hope this will help.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I believe it was customized for RingCentral, they're running 61.80.0.21 right now. I actually did exactly that with RC yesterday, or tried I should say. According to RC they were having issues because they were assisted provisioned as opposed to manually, so they tried to do it manually, but for whatever reason they wouldn't register when manually provisioned and I eventually said I'd rather have working handsets with old firmware than non functioning ones, at least until I can find a solution. So that's where I'm at now. Thanks again for the reply though. I appreciate all help.