Yealink Forums
No more permanent licenses on the license site? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: No more permanent licenses on the license site? (/showthread.php?tid=42521)

No more permanent licenses on the license site? - ksesock - 03-05-2019 09:47 PM

Just logged in to add some more Skype for Business phones to our environment and found I can no longer request a permanent MS Skype for Business license. Is there any word on if I'm the only one experiencing this? Is there any information on how to get a permanent license?

RE: No more permanent licenses on the license site? - jnyquist - 03-12-2019 02:39 PM

(03-05-2019 09:47 PM)ksesock Wrote:  Just logged in to add some more Skype for Business phones to our environment and found I can no longer request a permanent MS Skype for Business license. Is there any word on if I'm the only one experiencing this? Is there any information on how to get a permanent license?

Same problem here.. this is already an arduous process. If this doesn't get resolved ASAP, I'm throwing all these devices in the garbage and buying something else. Very very frustrating.

RE: No more permanent licenses on the license site? - ksesock - 03-25-2019 05:08 PM

(03-12-2019 02:39 PM)jnyquist Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 09:47 PM)ksesock Wrote:  Just logged in to add some more Skype for Business phones to our environment and found I can no longer request a permanent MS Skype for Business license. Is there any word on if I'm the only one experiencing this? Is there any information on how to get a permanent license?

Same problem here.. this is already an arduous process. If this doesn't get resolved ASAP, I'm throwing all these devices in the garbage and buying something else. Very very frustrating.

We opened a ticket and the response we got was to contact our reseller. We didn't have a reseller, not really (we were just ordering off of Amazon), but the last company we ordered through was able to restock our previous phones and get us a going on ones that came with eternal SfB licenses for practically no additional cost.

Don't buy them yourself and try to get the licenses, is what I'm learning.

RE: No more permanent licenses on the license site? - jolouis - 03-27-2019 01:04 PM

(03-25-2019 05:08 PM)ksesock Wrote:  Don't buy them yourself and try to get the licenses, is what I'm learning.

Yealink, like many global manufacturers, has for many years now has been trying to steer customers to be purchasing through authorized local distributors/resellers. It helps ease the burden on technical support, and also ensures that products which are being purchased are genuine and not "graymarket" (i.e. wrong hardware or pre-loaded firmware being sold in wrong region, invalid warranties, etc).

If you are buying anything more than a single phone for your own personal use you should definitely be doing it through the proper distribution channels. If you contact Yealink they can tell you who to buy from in your area.

RE: No more permanent licenses on the license site? - Heather77 - 03-30-2019 10:43 AM

Well only thing i can see is that already it has been a frustrating process and it has added to our frustration.I fear they have started losing clients myschoolbucks