Yealink Forums
T38 getting hacked every few hours.... - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: T38 getting hacked every few hours.... (/showthread.php?tid=42505)

T38 getting hacked every few hours.... - starion - 02-23-2019 02:14 AM

I have a particular remote phone that was compromised yesterday and a bunch of international calls made on it through the forwarding being set. I turned off the forwarding, erased the numbers in the forwarding fields, changed both the SIP password and the phones administrative password. The phone has been compromised several times today.

How are they getting into the phone and how do I stop it?

RE: T38 getting hacked every few hours.... - complex1 - 02-23-2019 12:32 PM

(02-23-2019 02:14 AM)starion Wrote:  I have a particular remote phone that was compromised yesterday and a bunch of international calls made on it through the forwarding being set. I turned off the forwarding, erased the numbers in the forwarding fields, changed both the SIP password and the phones administrative password. The phone has been compromised several times today.

How are they getting into the phone and how do I stop it?

Hi,

Besides the admin password, do not forget to use a strong user password.

Hope this will help.

RE: T38 getting hacked every few hours.... - starion - 02-23-2019 04:02 PM

Did not know there was a user password. Where is that changed in the web interface of the phone? I don't see it...

Oh....duh....pull down the menu. I just never use the user login, so I don't think about it.

RE: T38 getting hacked every few hours.... - complex1 - 02-23-2019 05:49 PM

(02-23-2019 04:02 PM)starion Wrote:  Did not know there was a user password. Where is that changed in the web interface of the phone? I don't see it...

Oh....duh....pull down the menu. I just never use the user login, so I don't think about it.

You are not the first and probably not the last who forgot to secure the user account. It can cost you a lot of money if you don't.

RE: T38 getting hacked every few hours.... - starion - 02-23-2019 05:53 PM

Yeah, over the last year, compromised phones have cost me about $380 so far.