Yealink Forums
Phone delayed sound after answering a call - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Phone delayed sound after answering a call (/showthread.php?tid=42477)

Phone delayed sound after answering a call - Jorge12 - 02-13-2019 06:08 PM

Hi, I have deployed around 20 t46's and each one of them have 8 active lines (accounts).

When a call comes in all the lines ring/light up.

When one of the users picks up the call, you can hear a very annoying sound coming from all the other phones, as if the phone was closing the calls, as if it was a low trilling sound.

The users find this very annoying.

How can I fix this?

RE: Phone delayed sound after answering a call - jolouis - 02-13-2019 07:51 PM

(02-13-2019 06:08 PM)Jorge12 Wrote:  When one of the users picks up the call, you can hear a very annoying sound coming from all the other phones, as if the phone was closing the calls, as if it was a low trilling sound.

That's a new one. What PBX/system are you connecting your phones to? Do the other phones remain idle when this happens, or does it look like they are active/answering also?...

Also, why did you setup 8 accounts on each phone? Usually using 1 account with call waiting is enough, just assign 8 line buttons to the same account to juggle the calls. Unless you really want 8 different extensions on each phone?....

RE: Phone delayed sound after answering a call - Jorge12 - 02-20-2019 05:55 PM

Sorry for the slow reply.

The phones need the 8 extensions because of the amount of call they get. So if I had all the Lines as say 200, only the first 200 would ring/light up and all ther lines would not see the incoming call, so the user wouldn't know if there was an incoming call.

Yes they would see it on the screen and hear the incoming call but they want to see it on the phone as a light instead. these are old ladies that are used to the old system.

This is a system that has a few people answering calls in different parts of the building, and in different levels, so like 6 users have to see all the incoming calls, and answer if available.

Hence the need to have a few accounts, so that they can see the incoming call, IF they are on a call already.

Maybe my implementation sux, but this is the only thing I could come up. Opened to suggestions by the way.

The system is running FPBXv13 and the issue, while annoying it might be easy to fix, which is the trilling ound of the accounts that did not pickup hanging up? I wouldnt know what that sound at the end is.

RE: Phone delayed sound after answering a call - jolouis - 02-25-2019 02:14 PM

(02-20-2019 05:55 PM)Jorge12 Wrote:  The phones need the 8 extensions because of the amount of call they get. So if I had all the Lines as say 200, only the first 200 would ring/light up and all ther lines would not see the incoming call, so the user wouldn't know if there was an incoming call.

?? Have you ever tested that? For example:
1) Configure a phone with say 3 line buttons. All three buttons are set to "Line 1" with a label of whatever the extension is.. say 200 as your example.
2) Make sure call waiting is enabled on your PBX.
3) When first call comes in, the first Line button lights up/flashes to show ringing. Display on the phone shows incoming caller information.
4) While on that call, if a second call is placed to extension 200, the 2nd button will begin to flash and the display will show the caller id of the new incoming call, below the existing call information. To answer that call, user just has to press the second line button.

So yes, technically not all 8 buttons would flash simultaneously, but there's also no reason for them to... a button will always flash to show an incoming call. (I'm assuming they came from an old KEY system where each physical line was mapped to a button. IN that case, only the line that was ringing would flash right?)

The only reason to do it the way you have done would be if you needed to have all 8 incoming lines kept completely separate from each other... so i.e. Line 1 is for Department A, Line 2 is Deparment B, etc. In that case, users would know what department is being called based on what line button is flashing.

Anyway all of that aside, the strange sound you are hearing doesn't seem normal. Can you record a video to demonstrate what exactly it is/what it sounds like? That would help track it down...