Yealink Forums
Bug in version 3 of YDMP? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Yealink Device Management Platform (/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Bug in version 3 of YDMP? (/showthread.php?tid=42475)

Bug in version 3 of YDMP? - Bertin - 02-13-2019 09:14 AM

Hi,

We recently upgraded our YDMP from version 2.x to 3.0.0.13, but we have encountered a severe bug: each time we restart our Skype for Business servers, our T48S phones (working with the latest firmware) are trying to re-establish their connection, but they fail, as the account provisioning from YDMP is sending wrong account data.

Our sip-addresses differs from our loginnames (sip is like firstname.lastname@MX-domain, while our loginname is formed by a combination of characters from the first and lastname, followed by our active directory domain name).

In version 2.x of the YDMP, both the sip-adress and the loginname where registered fine in the YDMP-database, but in version 3.x, the sip-name is registered in both the "Register Name" and "Login Address"-fields in the YDMP-database. This results in a wrong loginname provisioning when the T48S-phones connects to the YDMP for their settings (the phone shows the sip-name filled in in both fields, and the phone is denied access to the server, as it is providing a wrong loginname)

I already contacted Lydis.nl (our local dealer for Yealink products), and they confirmed my findings. We have >700 T48S phones which were having this problems (users had to reset the loginname each time they restarted the phone or we restarted our servers), and the only solution at this moment is to block all access from the phones to the YDMP, making it impossible to change any settings on the phones.

Please resolve this bug ASAP, as we have no control over our phones anymore.

Regards,
Bertin

RE: Bug in version 3 of YDMP? - Bertin - 03-06-2019 01:12 PM

Since there was no reply at all on this topic from Yealink Angel, I will update this thread myself:
After reporting this bug to Yealink and Lydis.nl, we blocked all access to the YDMP, as more and more T48S phones were getting the wrong account data provisioned, resulting in telephones which were not able to logon without manual intervention.
After a week, Lydis.nl provided us with a patched version (3.0.0.16) to testBig Grin. We removed all wrong account data from the YDMP (accounts where the username was wrongfully overwritten with the sip-address) and run the new version for a week with access limited to only a few subnets. Today, we removed the firewall rule which blocked access for the other subnets, and the problem seems to be solved completely: phones are registering fine and accounts are written in the correct form in the database.
I hope Yealink will release this version asap for everyone, because version 3.0.0.13 can cause serious harm when deployed in a large environment where the sip-adres is different from the loginname.
I hope this information is useful for someone.

Kind regards,
Bertin

RE: Bug in version 3 of YDMP? - thomas.hauff - 11-06-2019 10:13 AM

(03-06-2019 01:12 PM)Bertin Wrote:  Since there was no reply at all on this topic from Yealink Angel, I will update this thread myself:
After reporting this bug to Yealink and Lydis.nl, we blocked all access to the YDMP, as more and more T48S phones were getting the wrong account data provisioned, resulting in telephones which were not able to logon without manual intervention.
After a week, Lydis.nl provided us with a patched version (3.0.0.16) to testBig Grin. We removed all wrong account data from the YDMP (accounts where the username was wrongfully overwritten with the sip-address) and run the new version for a week with access limited to only a few subnets. Today, we removed the firewall rule which blocked access for the other subnets, and the problem seems to be solved completely: phones are registering fine and accounts are written in the correct form in the database.
I hope Yealink will release this version asap for everyone, because version 3.0.0.13 can cause serious harm when deployed in a large environment where the sip-adres is different from the loginname.
I hope this information is useful for someone.

Kind regards,
Bertin

Hi Bertin,

we had the same error and were also provided with the version of YDMP (3.0.0.16) which fixed the problem.
I still have a question about what you wrote. "(accounts where the username was wrongfully overwritten with the sip-address)" Did I understand that correctly, that you had the account information in YDMP in the device overview where the SIP address was listed as the device name instead of the account name?
Because it seemed to me, that before the upgrade to v. 3.0.0.16 the device names were listed as the SIP address and not the users login name.
Today, we use version 3.3.0.0 and we only see the user`s logon name as the device name, which is not very helpful for us, as we can`t search in the overview for the name of the user.
Appreciate your feedback.
Regards
Thomas

RE: Bug in version 3 of YDMP? - Bertin - 11-06-2019 01:11 PM

Due to the username being overwritten with the sip-address, the sip address was indeed visible in the account view (I'm not certain that it was also visible in the device list, but I think it was, as the username was completely overwritten with the sip address).
In version 3.0.0.16 (our current version) both device list and accountmanagement list the user with their username (some of them as DOMAIN\User and others as User@domain...) Only after clicking on a username, i get access to the sip address.
Upgrade to 3.3.x is scheduled this month.
In a few days we have some folk from Yealink visiting us in Belgium. If you want me to pass them a few improvement idea's, feel free to do so Big Grin

Kind regards,
Bertin

RE: Bug in version 3 of YDMP? - thomas.hauff - 11-06-2019 01:34 PM

(11-06-2019 01:11 PM)Bertin Wrote:  Due to the username being overwritten with the sip-address, the sip address was indeed visible in the account view (I'm not certain that it was also visible in the device list, but I think it was, as the username was completely overwritten with the sip address).
In version 3.0.0.16 (our current version) both device list and accountmanagement list the user with their username (some of them as DOMAIN\User and others as User@domain...) Only after clicking on a username, i get access to the sip address.
Upgrade to 3.3.x is scheduled this month.
In a few days we have some folk from Yealink visiting us in Belgium. If you want me to pass them a few improvement idea's, feel free to do so Big Grin

Kind regards,
Bertin

Hi Bertin,

thanks for your answer. Ok, so currently we have the same picture here in 3.0.0.16 and 3.3.0.0 in the device view. Some of the users are displayed with domain\username or username@domain.
Also, when clicking on the username, we get the sip address, but as I mentioned, it`s quite hard to filter for a certain device in the overview if you have only the logon name, which in our case is a random number. Searching for sip address is not possible at this place.
We already had a conversation with Yealink directly and the reply from the PM was, "The default setting of our platform to show the device name is showing the UPN in the phone. In the SFB server in your site, you can change the UPN format to the sip address. It means you used the UPN/Sip address/password to login in the SFB, but after the change, you should use the sip address/sip address/password.
Then the device name of the platform will show sip address.
"
Changing the displayname afterwards in the YDMP console is of course not an option as this would be an administrative nightmare Smile the other options are unfortunately also not an option for us the the current stage.

Regards
Thomas