Yealink Forums
T48G Recovery Files Needed - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T48G Recovery Files Needed (/showthread.php?tid=42404)

T48G Recovery Files Needed - gigaboy - 01-20-2019 10:06 PM

Using this phone with a 3CX system. Inadvertently updated firmware with Yealink file, should have used 3CX customized file. Experiencing a number of problems with the phone set. How can I get recovery files so that I can re-do the 3cx firmware?

RE: T48G Recovery Files Needed - complex1 - 01-21-2019 10:13 AM

(01-20-2019 10:06 PM)gigaboy Wrote:  Using this phone with a 3CX system. Inadvertently updated firmware with Yealink file, should have used 3CX customized file. Experiencing a number of problems with the phone set. How can I get recovery files so that I can re-do the 3cx firmware?

Hi,

Yealink doesn't provide recovery mode files directly to end users for security reasons.

Please contact your distributor or service provider to do the recovery mode for you, they are willing to help you.

RE: T48G Recovery Files Needed - gigaboy - 01-21-2019 12:50 PM

I bought the phone new from Amazon! However it sat around for 2 years before I even booted it up, so its out of warranty.

(01-21-2019 10:13 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
(01-20-2019 10:06 PM)gigaboy Wrote:  Using this phone with a 3CX system. Inadvertently updated firmware with Yealink file, should have used 3CX customized file. Experiencing a number of problems with the phone set. How can I get recovery files so that I can re-do the 3cx firmware?

Hi,

Yealink doesn't provide recovery mode files directly to end users for security reasons.

Please contact your distributor or service provider to do the recovery mode for you, they are willing to help you.

RE: T48G Recovery Files Needed - jolouis - 01-23-2019 03:49 PM

(01-21-2019 12:50 PM)gigaboy Wrote:  I bought the phone new from Amazon! However it sat around for 2 years before I even booted it up, so its out of warranty.

Are you sure you even need the recovery files? As long as the phone is booting up normally you can do firmware upgrades on it using the standard firmware images and processes. Recovery files are only for if your firmware is so buggered up that phone no longer boots anymore...