Yealink Forums
T46S Ringtone for each account - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46S Ringtone for each account (/showthread.php?tid=42363)

T46S Ringtone for each account - GP - 01-05-2019 02:08 PM

Hi

We work with T46S and W60P phones and are very happy with these products!

The T46S has two accounts defined and we would like to have two different ringtones.

In Settings, Ring2.wav is chosen as Ring Type.
In Account->Basic, Account1 has Ring2.wav as Ring Type and Account2 has Ring4.wav as Ring Type.

But the phone rings with Ring2.wav for all incoming calls, also for the calls on account2. How can i solve that?

Thank you for your support!

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - complex1 - 01-05-2019 03:27 PM

(01-05-2019 02:08 PM)GP Wrote:  Hi

The T46S has two accounts defined and we would like to have two different ringtones.

In Account->Basic, Account1 has Ring2.wav as Ring Type and Account2 has Ring4.wav as Ring Type.

But the phone rings with Ring2.wav for all incoming calls, also for the calls on account2. How can i solve that?

Hi,

Please disable “Distinctive Ring Tones” in Account > AccountX > Advanced or by auto provision:
account.x.alert_info_url_enable = 0 and try again.

The ring tone selected in Settings > Prefecence > Ring Type will not be played when a call comes in.

Hope this will help.

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - GP - 01-05-2019 11:11 PM

Thank you for your fast response.

The Distinctive Ring Tones per account are already disabled. The setting is:

Accounts -> Account1 -> Basic -> Ring Type: Ring2.wav
Accounts -> Account2 -> Basic -> Ring Type: Ring4.wav

Is there another setting that could prevent the phone from using these ringtones?

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - complex1 - 01-06-2019 01:42 PM

(01-05-2019 11:11 PM)GP Wrote:  Thank you for your fast response.

The Distinctive Ring Tones per account are already disabled. The setting is:

Accounts -> Account1 -> Basic -> Ring Type: Ring2.wav
Accounts -> Account2 -> Basic -> Ring Type: Ring4.wav

Is there another setting that could prevent the phone from using these ringtones?

Hi,

If you use a phone book please disable/remove and try again, or check if Ring Tone is set to Auto. (Directory > Local Directory)

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - GP - 01-06-2019 02:21 PM

Hi

I don't use a local directory, Ring Tone is set to Auto. However, I use a remote directory (3CX). Chould that influence the ring tone?

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - complex1 - 01-06-2019 03:31 PM

(01-06-2019 02:21 PM)GP Wrote:  Hi

I don't use a local directory, Ring Tone is set to Auto. However, I use a remote directory (3CX). Chould that influence the ring tone?

Hi,

Yes, I think so, because the phone inspects the INVITE request for an "Alert-Info" header when receiving an incoming call.
If the INVITE request contains an "Alert-Info" header, the phone strips out the keyword parameter and maps it to the appropriate ring tone.

But what you can try, I have never tried this, is to delete the text “external” at “Internal Ringer Text” (Settings > Ring) and test if the accounts have there “own” ring tone.
Keep in mind: This field will set again after the phone is provisioned.

Hope this will help.

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - Plains Internet - 02-08-2019 08:49 PM

(01-05-2019 02:08 PM)GP Wrote:  Hi

Hi GP,

I am having the exact same issue with T46Ss on 3CX. I am just curious, did you happen to find a process that made this work for you?

RE: T46S Ringtone for each account - complex1 - 02-09-2019 08:34 AM

Plains Internet Wrote:Hi GP,

I am having the exact same issue with T46Ss on 3CX. I am just curious, did you happen to find a process that made this work for you?

Please make use of the features 3CX provide you in SP6... e.g. use Queues.