Yealink Forums
Label Display - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Label Display (/showthread.php?tid=4222)

Label Display - Ken Dever - 08-06-2015 05:03 AM

I have a key programmed as:

Type = Prefix, Value = *53, Label = Intercom

When the phone is idle the key displays the word Intercom

When the key is pressed the display shows *53. Is there a way to have the display show the label (Intercom) vs. the code (in this case *53)?

RE: Label Display - engine411 - 08-06-2015 05:12 AM

Good point, I would use this also. The users don't usually care what keys are actually sent - it can make their eyes glaze over to see the "technical stuff".

RE: Label Display - Yealink_Michael - 08-06-2015 05:15 AM

hi

thanks for your information

it is set by design , for example , in your case , on the line key , it will always show Intercom , but when you press it , it will display *53 on the dial interface . on this way , customers can know which number they are dialing !

Michael

RE: Label Display - bigears - 08-07-2015 03:29 PM

Michael,

This is just nonsense. Keys are predefined and normally set by providers. Customers don't care and want to care what number is dialed as long as the function programmed on the key works, so they do not need to know the number that is dialed.

There might be an instant where tech might want to know what numbers is dialed, so this should be made optional.

RE: Label Display - Ken Dever - 08-07-2015 10:32 PM

I agree with bigears comment. Michael's response makes no sense what so ever. If it was a speed dial key that would be different but not a feature key.