Yealink Forums
BLF Light stuck on busy for select users - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: BLF Light stuck on busy for select users (/showthread.php?tid=42163)

BLF Light stuck on busy for select users - papergavin - 10-15-2018 05:15 PM

Hi Folks,

I deployed about 17 voip phones for a company. All provisioned and set up the same. There is about 4/5 users whos blf light is always busy even if they aren't on a call. They can still receive transfers/calls, but the users are never truly sure if they are on the phone or not.

I tried to factory reset them, but they all just immediately went back to "busy".

RE: BLF Light stuck on busy for select users - jolouis - 10-15-2018 08:45 PM

(10-15-2018 05:15 PM)papergavin Wrote:  I tried to factory reset them, but they all just immediately went back to "busy".

Sounds like a problem on the PBX side. For clarification, BLFs do not monitor other phones directly; all they do is ask the pbx to send messages indicating what state other phones/devices/etc are in (i.e. ringing, unavailable/busy, idle, etc). The PBX does the actual heavy lifting to keep track of what phones are doing and send out the BLF notifications as needed.

If you do a packet trace or capture you should see the phone conversing with the PBX, and getting replies in the from of SIP Notification packets.