Yealink Forums
Caller ID Transffering - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Caller ID Transffering (/showthread.php?tid=42143)

Caller ID Transffering - Spyder13337 - 10-04-2018 03:16 PM

Good Morning,

i have a Yealink t52s

when i recived an inbound call i need to transfer that call but i need ti show caller ID of the originating caller not mine but

my yea link firmware is

Firmware Version 70.84.0.10
Hardware Version 74.0.0.0.0.0.0

i am testing on elastix 4.0 and asterisk 11.25.3

i have the trustrpid = yes
and sendrpid = i tried both send p=asserted and send remote party ID

and set up pai-prid-from on the yealink

but still no luck

any help much appreciated

RE: Caller ID Transffering - jolouis - 10-05-2018 08:32 PM

What kind of transfer are you doing?

In order to pass callerID normally you usually need to do a blind transfer. If you do an attended the caller will see your caller ID first (since you are making the call initially), and the on screen display should update once you actually do the transfer but that depends on both PBX configuration and RPID support.

Make sure you are doing a blind transfer first and see if that works. Then from there you can refine further as needed.

RE: Caller ID Transffering - Spyder13337 - 10-06-2018 08:24 PM

Blind Transfer Works that not an issue is the attended transfer that i am having this issue with

(10-05-2018 08:32 PM)jolouis Wrote:  What kind of transfer are you doing?

In order to pass callerID normally you usually need to do a blind transfer. If you do an attended the caller will see your caller ID first (since you are making the call initially), and the on screen display should update once you actually do the transfer but that depends on both PBX configuration and RPID support.

Make sure you are doing a blind transfer first and see if that works. Then from there you can refine further as needed.

RE: Caller ID Transffering - jolouis - 10-10-2018 06:43 PM

(10-06-2018 08:24 PM)Spyder13337 Wrote:  Blind Transfer Works that not an issue is the attended transfer that i am having this issue with

Attended transfers are more tricky. As I mentioned, proper call flow would be:
1) A calls B.
2) B Answers.
3) A wants to talk to C, so
4) B puts A on hold and makes attended transfer call to C.
5) C sees B calling on caller ID, answers and says "yes Give me A".
6) B completes transfer by pressing transfer button again. A is now talking to C.

IN that final step though C will only get to see A's caller ID if your PBX is configured to send Connected Line Information. This is basically a way to tell C that although it was already talking on a call (Call from B), the person actually connected on that call has changed (it's A now), so the display needs to be updated.

FreePBX/Asterisk has included that capability and feature set for a while, but I'm not sure what version Elastix 4 is based on and whether there are any options you need to put in yourself to activate there.

RE: Caller ID Transffering - Spyder13337 - 10-10-2018 07:12 PM

OK Asterisk is Version 11.25.13 and elastix is a makeup for free PBX to make is look prettier

do yo know what seeting i need to manipulate in free PBX to accomplished this

(10-10-2018 06:43 PM)jolouis Wrote:  
(10-06-2018 08:24 PM)Spyder13337 Wrote:  Blind Transfer Works that not an issue is the attended transfer that i am having this issue with

Attended transfers are more tricky. As I mentioned, proper call flow would be:
1) A calls B.
2) B Answers.
3) A wants to talk to C, so
4) B puts A on hold and makes attended transfer call to C.
5) C sees B calling on caller ID, answers and says "yes Give me A".
6) B completes transfer by pressing transfer button again. A is now talking to C.

IN that final step though C will only get to see A's caller ID if your PBX is configured to send Connected Line Information. This is basically a way to tell C that although it was already talking on a call (Call from B), the person actually connected on that call has changed (it's A now), so the display needs to be updated.

FreePBX/Asterisk has included that capability and feature set for a while, but I'm not sure what version Elastix 4 is based on and whether there are any options you need to put in yourself to activate there.

RE: Caller ID Transffering - jolouis - 10-12-2018 03:15 PM

(10-10-2018 07:12 PM)Spyder13337 Wrote:  OK Asterisk is Version 11.25.13 and elastix is a makeup for free PBX to make is look prettier

Unfortunately not, I am not an elastix user and they have destroyed/removed all of their old source codes from the web after 3CX "converted them" so no way to even look through and see what's missing. Your best bet would be to either get somebody privately to do the dialplan inspection and coding for you, or abandon Elastix and move on to FreePBX directly or some other PBX flavour.

In any case not a Yealink issue at all, so this is probably way off topic now.

RE: Caller ID Transffering - Spyder13337 - 10-15-2018 02:31 PM

i have access to FreePBX where do i make thsose changes

(10-12-2018 03:15 PM)jolouis Wrote:  
(10-10-2018 07:12 PM)Spyder13337 Wrote:  OK Asterisk is Version 11.25.13 and elastix is a makeup for free PBX to make is look prettier

Unfortunately not, I am not an elastix user and they have destroyed/removed all of their old source codes from the web after 3CX "converted them" so no way to even look through and see what's missing. Your best bet would be to either get somebody privately to do the dialplan inspection and coding for you, or abandon Elastix and move on to FreePBX directly or some other PBX flavour.

In any case not a Yealink issue at all, so this is probably way off topic now.