Yealink Forums
DTMF for carrier pre-selection - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: DTMF for carrier pre-selection (/showthread.php?tid=42111)

DTMF for carrier pre-selection - rpereira - 09-21-2018 07:16 PM

I apologise for using the wrong terminology but not sure how exactly to search for this problem:
I bought a T21P E2, which I have connected to a fritz.box 5490 together with a few more DECT phones.
On the DECT phones if I call "*121#" this allows me do VOIP provider pre-selection on the fritz.box and receive the dial tone to then being able to enter the number going out through that provider.
I'm trying to use that in the IP phone (ultimately to associate with a DSS key), but can't get it working.
When I send "*121#", I get immediately "user busy" and it seems to me as if that particular code is sent straight-through to the VOIP provider, since if I send "*121#1234566" it works as expected calling 1234566 using the selected provider.
Does anyone know what settings would allow me to have the DSS key working to do this pre-selection, and receive the dial tone to enter phone number as a second step ?

Thanks

RE: DTMF for carrier pre-selection - complex1 - 09-22-2018 06:54 AM

(09-21-2018 07:16 PM)rpereira Wrote:  I apologise for using the wrong terminology but not sure how exactly to search for this problem:
I bought a T21P E2, which I have connected to a fritz.box 5490 together with a few more DECT phones.
On the DECT phones if I call "*121#" this allows me do VOIP provider pre-selection on the fritz.box and receive the dial tone to then being able to enter the number going out through that provider.
I'm trying to use that in the IP phone (ultimately to associate with a DSS key), but can't get it working.
When I send "*121#", I get immediately "user busy" and it seems to me as if that particular code is sent straight-through to the VOIP provider, since if I send "*121#1234566" it works as expected calling 1234566 using the selected provider.
Does anyone know what settings would allow me to have the DSS key working to do this pre-selection, and receive the dial tone to enter phone number as a second step ?

Thanks

Hi,

Please log in to your phone, go to Features -> General Information and set “Key As Send” to “Disabled”, click “Confirm” and try again.
With the parameter “Key As Send” you can assign “#” or “*” as the send key, or disable this function.

Hope this will help.

RE: DTMF for carrier pre-selection - rpereira - 09-22-2018 06:58 AM

(09-22-2018 06:54 AM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Please log in to your phone, go to Features -> General Information and set “Key As Send” to “Disabled”, click “Confirm” and try again.
With the parameter “Key As Send” you can assign “#” or “*” as the send key, or disable this function.

Hope this will help.

Thanks, but that I had already disabled. The above description is with Key as Send disabled..