Yealink Forums
Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working (/showthread.php?tid=42074)

Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working - AE - 08-31-2018 11:28 AM

I am having an unusual problem this past week.
We have an W52P with 2 handsets. The phone will always make outgoing calls but it often does not ring for incoming calls. I know the SIP provider/ DID number works because our DID forwards to a cell phone as well as the W52P and the cell phone always rings.
I haven't changed any setting on the W52P unless a firmware update has happened?

If I reboot the W52P the handsets will ring when I test it but after some time they stop receiving calls.

Here are the settings I'm using, any ideas why they would stop picking-up incoming calls?

Thanks very much in advance!
[attachment=5058]
[attachment=5059]

RE: Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working - complex1 - 08-31-2018 02:00 PM

(08-31-2018 11:28 AM)AE Wrote:  I am having an unusual problem this past week.
We have an W52P with 2 handsets. The phone will always make outgoing calls but it often does not ring for incoming calls. I know the SIP provider/ DID number works because our DID forwards to a cell phone as well as the W52P and the cell phone always rings.
I haven't changed any setting on the W52P unless a firmware update has happened?

If I reboot the W52P the handsets will ring when I test it but after some time they stop receiving calls.

Here are the settings I'm using, any ideas why they would stop picking-up incoming calls?

Thanks very much in advance!

Hi,

Do the handset(s) ring immediate after you have finished a call (<30 sec)?

Please try change the time of "Keep Alive Interval(Seconds)" to 15(sec) and set "Session Timer" to Disabled.

RE: Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working - AE - 08-31-2018 02:30 PM

(08-31-2018 02:00 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Please try change the time of "Keep Alive Interval(Seconds)" to 15(sec) and set "Session Timer" to Disabled.

Hi complex1,
Many thanks, I've tried your idea and immediately after I hit save, it worked but then after some minutes it stopped working. Dodgy
I made a call from the phone then tried calling the phone after hanging-up (<30 sec) and the handsets didn't ring. Is there anything else I've done stupid in the settings that could be the culprit?

RE: Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working - complex1 - 08-31-2018 06:02 PM

(08-31-2018 02:30 PM)AE Wrote:  
(08-31-2018 02:00 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

Hi complex1,
Many thanks, I've tried your idea and immediately after I hit save, it worked but then after some minutes it stopped working. Dodgy
I made a call from the phone then tried calling the phone after hanging-up (<30 sec) and the handsets didn't ring. Is there anything else I've done stupid in the settings that could be the culprit?

Hi,

Please try next:
- make sure the base and handsets run the latest firmware, else upgrade
- reset base to factory default
- re-provision the base (only account settings, nothing else)
- try again
http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=25

Hope this will help.

RE: Phone only ringing after reboot- quickly stops working - okulhealth - 09-03-2018 02:08 AM

Thanx it help me a lot :! Great Smile