Yealink Forums
T27P does not boot nor recover - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: T27P does not boot nor recover (/showthread.php?tid=42058)

T27P does not boot nor recover - badmin - 08-23-2018 09:51 AM

Hi all,

one of our T27P phones just quitted service after a decent amount of time in use.
It won't boot and freezes on the "Welcome... initializing" screen.
I've also tried to recover the phone. Since I haven't found any recoveryfiles specific for the T27P I used the files for the T27G in the first run. After 30 minutes wait I stopped the process and restarted it with the T27 files, but no luck either, it just hangs on the "Start Updating..." screen.
Any ideas how to proceed or should I declare it as retired?

Thanks in advance!

RE: T27P does not boot nor recover - johnkiniston - 08-23-2018 03:14 PM

Your Yealink Reseller should be able to provide you with the recovery firmware image for your phone.

RE: T27P does not boot nor recover - jolouis - 08-24-2018 02:28 PM

You might also want to try a different power source (or a different adapter if you are using one). Number one cause we have seen of phones getting stuck on the "Welcome please wait" screen is power adapters that don't put out the proper amperage/voltage anymore.

RE: T27P does not boot nor recover - badmin - 08-28-2018 09:42 AM

Thank you for your replies. A T27G can boot successfully on the same Switch port so I believe that this is not a power issue (we don't use separate power adapters). Using wireshark to monitor the phones network traffic actually shows zero packages beeing transmitted.

So I believe the recovery image is currently the best option. I am now waiting on feedback from my reseller.

RE: T27P does not boot nor recover - badmin - 08-30-2018 10:57 AM

Our reseller provided the required recovery information and I was able to rescue two Yealinks. Thank you! Carefully reading the manual helps a lot, I was stuck for a while because the phone and the TFTP server were on different subnetworks - this is apparently not supported.