Yealink Forums
Headset Volume on W56H - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Headset Volume on W56H (/showthread.php?tid=41989)

Headset Volume on W56H - msncookie - 07-25-2018 02:29 PM

Hello,

Perhaps this can be a feature request, but it seems the headsets I've tried with the W56H handset provide adequate volume for most calls, but if the remote party is unusually quiet, the loudest volume setting on the W56H is not enough to compensate.

I've tried a couple of different Plantronics headsets with the same result. Perhaps the impedance of the headsets I have are an issue, however we also have older analog DECT phones where the max volume is much louder. Is there anything Yealink could do in firmware that could provide a little extra reserve power for headset listening? The internal speaker volume of the handset is just fine. This is only a headset issue.

Thanks.

RE: Headset Volume on W56H - Evan_Yealink - 08-01-2018 07:37 AM

Dear Friend, good day!

This is Evan from Yealink Support Team, nice to know you here!

Thanks for your feedback, but there is no a configuration can configure this extra volume currently. So I'm taking this request as a new feature, and I will bring it to our Product Dept. to evaluate if it is reasonable and user friendly.

May I know that how your business or user experience is affected without this feature?

Best Regards,
Evan

RE: Headset Volume on W56H - msncookie - 08-10-2018 06:31 PM

(08-01-2018 07:37 AM)Evan_Yealink Wrote:  Dear Friend, good day!

This is Evan from Yealink Support Team, nice to know you here!

Thanks for your feedback, but there is no a configuration can configure this extra volume currently. So I'm taking this request as a new feature, and I will bring it to our Product Dept. to evaluate if it is reasonable and user friendly.

May I know that how your business or user experience is affected without this feature?

Best Regards,
Evan

This is usually a problem on conference calls when one caller is quieter than the others. There is not enough extra power to compensate and hear clearly. I can plug the same headphones into a Panasonic DECT phone and there is much more volume. I know I could use an amplified headset but that is not convenient for walking around and defeats the purpose of a cordless DECT phone.

Thank you.

RE: Headset Volume on W56H - msncookie - 08-13-2018 07:20 PM

It appears that Jabra makes a few headset models that have much lower speaker impedance than the Plantronics I own, and are therefore designed for use with "low power" portable devices such as mobile phones, tablets, and DECT phones. I may choose to try one of those headsets to see if I can get more volume out of the W56H. I will report back if I choose that course.

Thanks.