Yealink Forums
Transfer to Connect - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Transfer to Connect (/showthread.php?tid=41968)

Transfer to Connect - shmuel@birns.net - 07-17-2018 07:56 PM

Right now, the way transfer works is if Caller A calls in and Caller B answers, now Caller B wants to transfer the call to Caller C, Caller B presses transfer then dials Caller C's extension and waits for Caller C to answer the handset. After Caller B and C are done talking and Caller B presses the transfer button again, Caller A and Caller C are now talking without Caller C having to do anything.

Is there a way that after Caller B presses the transfer button that Caller C's phone rings and they are not automatically connected?

RE: Transfer to Connect - jolouis - 07-18-2018 02:19 PM

(07-17-2018 07:56 PM)shmuel@birns.net Wrote:  Is there a way that after Caller B presses the transfer button that Caller C's phone rings and they are not automatically connected?

That seems counter-intuitive... why do a transfer if you want the phone to then ring again?

Simple solution in your case would be to use new calls instead of transfers for the first part, then do a blind transfer after.
i.e.
a) Caller A is answered by Caller B.
b) Caller B puts A on hold. Dials new call to Caller C
c) Caller C says "Yup put them through".
d) Caller B and C hangup. Caller A is still on hold at B.
e) Caller B picks up held A, presses Transfer, Caller C extension, then transfer again (steps for performing blind transfer).
f) A is now ringing at C, B is done.

RE: Transfer to Connect - shmuel@birns.net - 07-18-2018 03:29 PM

I understand what you are saying, but the caller doesn't want to have to go through all of those steps. Also, the reason why I was asking is because on the new firmware for the T46 (28.83.0.35.rom), when the person did your steps which is what they were doing before the upgrade, the caller wouldn't transfer. I downgraded the phone to 28.73.0.50.rom and now it works again.