Yealink Forums
T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware (/showthread.php?tid=41935)

T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - Bezalu - 07-03-2018 05:14 PM

Couldn't wait to utilize the DD10K but we can't get our first one working.
We have a brand new T41S with firmware 66.83.0.35, and just got a DD10K from our Yealink Distributor. The T41S screen reads out "Unrecgonzied USB Device" when we insert the DD10K. Anyone else having issues or fixes?

RE: T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - jolouis - 07-04-2018 06:23 PM

I do not believe the DD10K is in the "official" support firmware yet. So for T41S, you need to use the firmware posted on the W41P support page:

http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=233

The 66.82.0.40 firmware from that page definitely works with the DD10K as I have one here on my desk linked to it and live right now. I'm sure fixes from it will get rolled over into .83 official soon enough, Yealink is still doing testing on DD10K though so I expect they are holding off merging until all features are set.

RE: T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - Bezalu - 07-05-2018 04:54 PM

Thanks I'll give this a try, kinda grinds my gears that they promote it all over as working with the T41S but don't have it supported in the newest firmware.

(07-04-2018 06:23 PM)jolouis Wrote:  I do not believe the DD10K is in the "official" support firmware yet. So for T41S, you need to use the firmware posted on the W41P support page:

http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=233

The 66.82.0.40 firmware from that page definitely works with the DD10K as I have one here on my desk linked to it and live right now. I'm sure fixes from it will get rolled over into .83 official soon enough, Yealink is still doing testing on DD10K though so I expect they are holding off merging until all features are set.

RE: T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - jolouis - 07-06-2018 06:17 PM

(07-05-2018 04:54 PM)Bezalu Wrote:  Thanks I'll give this a try, kinda grinds my gears that they promote it all over as working with the T41S but don't have it supported in the newest firmware.

Yup I hear you although it's "officially released" I would not consider the DD10K as a production unit yet, should be kept for beta/internal testing and trial for a little while still. It definitely works but I'm hesitant to live deploy anything until at least the first round of bugs surface and get solved... just my opinion on that thought.

I hear through the grapevine that there will be a new V84 firmware coming out in September that will unify things again. Personally we are holding off any real world deployment until that happens.

RE: T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - Bezalu - 07-06-2018 06:31 PM

Loading the W41P firmware did work. We usually use the WF40 WiFi dongle but had issues with this users WiFi dropping the phone randomly. So far the DECT solution has worked better for him, going on 2 days now with no issues.

RE: T41S Getting Unrecognized USB device with DD10K and newest firmware - jolouis - 07-11-2018 01:28 PM

Keep an eye on it, I had the test setup here at my office suddenly drop connection to the base after 18+ days of working without issue. Simple reset of the base brought things back up again, and it could have been something local/environmental that caused the issue but just re-inforces my previous statement that I would not deploy these en-mass until everything is sorted out with them.