Yealink Forums
Ringing BLF dials extension twice - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Ringing BLF dials extension twice (/showthread.php?tid=41929)

Ringing BLF dials extension twice - Novais - 06-28-2018 11:37 PM

I have a small office with 8 phones, all of which ring when a call comes in. All of the phones have the other extensions displayed in the DSS keys and they work great, can dial the extension, can see when the other extension is on the phone etc. When there is a call incoming and the extensions are ringing thats when it creates a problem. If the BLF key is showing the extensions ringing and you press the BLF key to call the extension it dials the extension number twice (ie. 10011001) and says that "your call cannot be completed as dialed" message from the telco provider. If the extensions are not ringing then it doesn't do that, it dials the extension number once (ie. 1001). Any suggestions?

RE: Ringing BLF dials extension twice - jolouis - 06-29-2018 01:08 PM

Sounds like you have your DSS key mis-configured. BLFs can double as call pickup buttons, so if you have 1001 configured in both the "value" and "extension" fields. I believe the value field defines which extension the BLF will monitor/call, and the "extension" field defines the code to be sent when trying to do a call pickup (i.e. hitting a BLF that is showing a ringing extension).

Make sure the "extension" field is left empty and see if that solves the problem.

RE: Ringing BLF dials extension twice - HaraldL - 07-10-2018 08:02 AM

It seams that you telco provider uses asterisk as pbx, so per default you have to set the extension field to **