Yealink Forums
Fonality Firmware Removal? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Fonality Firmware Removal? (/showthread.php?tid=41713)

Fonality Firmware Removal? - will3 - 04-15-2018 02:46 AM

Help,

I've purchased Yealink phones t42g.

I didn't realize they had fonality firmware which I need to remove to use on my own pbx.

How can I remove and upgrade to latest firmware.

Thank you!!

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - Aaron_Yealink - 04-16-2018 07:17 AM

(04-15-2018 02:46 AM)will3 Wrote:  Help,

I didn't realize they had fonality firmware which I need to remove to use on my own pbx.

Thank you!!

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. To solve your problem. We need to confirm some basic questions with you.
Could I know where have you bought your phone? Have you end of the Fonality service?

Thanks.

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - will3 - 04-16-2018 01:24 PM

(04-16-2018 07:17 AM)Aaron_Yealink Wrote:  
(04-15-2018 02:46 AM)will3 Wrote:  Help,

Thank you!!

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. To solve your problem. We need to confirm some basic questions with you.
Could I know where have you bought your phone? Have you end of the Fonality service?

Thanks.

I got them from ebay, and I do not use Fonality in anyway.

Thanks!!

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - will3 - 04-23-2018 11:23 PM

any updates??

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - proof - 05-16-2018 04:30 PM

Did you get this sorted out? I seem to remember buying a phone off Amazon with the same firmware and I was able to get it sorted out but that was some time ago.

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - Quan7 - 06-19-2018 09:12 PM

(05-16-2018 04:30 PM)proof Wrote:  Did you get this sorted out? I seem to remember buying a phone off Amazon with the same firmware and I was able to get it sorted out but that was some time ago.

Hi Proof, I have the same issue, how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - EverythingVoice - 06-21-2018 09:01 AM

Without having one of those phones to hand, I would remove the auto provision details, then go to the settings page and install the firmware from yealinks' website for that device. After loading the firmware, reboot and you should have a default handset.

I have not tried this by the way but I have completed similar steps on other manufacturers handsets Big Grin

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - Quan7 - 06-21-2018 04:31 PM

(06-21-2018 09:01 AM)EverythingVoice Wrote:  Without having one of those phones to hand, I would remove the auto provision details, then go to the settings page and install the firmware from yealinks' website for that device. After loading the firmware, reboot and you should have a default handset.

I have not tried this by the way but I have completed similar steps on other manufacturers handsets Big Grin

The Fonality firmware doesn't allow you to even go into the advance configuration page. I was able to manage to flash another protected custom firmware from another phone company, but as soon as I connect that phone to the internet, it go out and auto provision itself back to the original Fonality firmware.

Do you see anyway around this? I have seen in the past that a firmware was released to the general public to flash out of Fonality, but the link is no longer good.

Thanks

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - wadeorigger - 06-12-2020 04:21 PM

I Recently purchased 4 phones from ebay. Yealink T42G one of them has this fonality firmware. I can't upgrade the firmware to get this phone to work.

Does some one have a work around to get the phone back to yealink firmware?

Kind of in a spot, I have emailed yealink support with no responds. any help would be amazing.

All the best,

RE: Fonality Firmware Removal? - complex1 - 06-12-2020 07:58 PM

(06-12-2020 04:21 PM)wadeorigger Wrote:  I Recently purchased 4 phones from ebay. Yealink T42G one of them has this fonality firmware. I can't upgrade the firmware to get this phone to work.

Does some one have a work around to get the phone back to yealink firmware?

Kind of in a spot, I have emailed yealink support with no responds. any help would be amazing.

All the best,

Hi,

What you can try is to remove the Fonality firmware and recover the phone to Yealink firmware.
You can download the needed .rom .rfs and .bin file as a .zip file from here:
https://www.go-ccs.nl/downloads/Recovery-T42.zip
Use it at your own risk. I cannot guarantee anything.