Yealink Forums
Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings (/showthread.php?tid=41670)

Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - ironlogix - 04-02-2018 02:54 PM

Can you please move the reboot phone option to the basic settings menu instead of the advanced?

Is there a reason (security) why it is only on the advanced settings?

End users typically do not have their admin passwords and feedback is not good when we ask them to unplug / replug the phone sets.

RE: Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - AEH - 04-11-2018 01:44 PM

I think this is a good idea, however you can hold down the X button and the phones will ask if you want to reboot.

RE: Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - ironlogix - 04-12-2018 03:59 PM

I knew about holding OK for factory reset, but holding the X key (or the * key on the 56+ series) I did not know - thank you!

RE: Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - anonymous1711612242218 - 04-13-2018 02:54 AM

Dear Customer,

The reason why we put the option in the advanced menu is that it would be password protected to prevent the unwantted reboot by mistake or by others.

And yes you can hold the X button to do a reboot.

KR
Samuel Wang

RE: Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - AEH - 04-13-2018 01:07 PM

(04-13-2018 02:54 AM)Samuel_Yealink Wrote:  Dear Customer,

The reason why we put the option in the advanced menu is that it would be password protected to prevent the unwantted reboot by mistake or by others.

KR
Samuel Wang

Seems odd that the system requires a password to reboot from the advanced menu but no password is required while holding down the X button?

RE: Please make phone reboot as an option on Basic Serttings - anonymous1711612242218 - 04-16-2018 01:49 AM

(04-13-2018 01:07 PM)AEH Wrote:  
(04-13-2018 02:54 AM)Samuel_Yealink Wrote:  Dear Customer,

KR
Samuel Wang

Seems odd that the system requires a password to reboot from the advanced menu but no password is required while holding down the X button?

Dear Customer,

That's a good question. I think holding the X button is a hidden operation, and it's less frequent for triggering an unwantted reboot.

Kind Regards
Samuel