Yealink Forums
Disable call waiting - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Disable call waiting (/showthread.php?tid=41522)

Disable call waiting - kjaslow - 02-04-2018 10:01 PM

I'm using a W60P with W56H handsets. It's a new setup and I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something. With my previous phone (and any phone I've ever used), I could dial *70 prior to dialing a phone number to disable call waiting just for that call. I see that menus exist to turn call waiting on or off, but the beauty of using *70 is that it could be added to the number in the directory. I've been unable to make *70 to work on this phone. If I just send the number as *70xxxxxxxxxx (in the US, where I use real numbers where I've typed an 'x') the number is not accepted by my ITSP.

If I just dial *70 and send on the Yealink, my provider gives back the tone I get when the number was invalid. With any other phone, I would get back a dial tone at this point.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

RE: Disable call waiting - Travis_Yealink - 02-05-2018 09:39 AM

(02-04-2018 10:01 PM)kjaslow Wrote:  I'm using a W60P with W56H handsets. It's a new setup and I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something. With my previous phone (and any phone I've ever used), I could dial *70 prior to dialing a phone number to disable call waiting just for that call. I see that menus exist to turn call waiting on or off, but the beauty of using *70 is that it could be added to the number in the directory. I've been unable to make *70 to work on this phone. If I just send the number as *70xxxxxxxxxx (in the US, where I use real numbers where I've typed an 'x') the number is not accepted by my ITSP.

If I just dial *70 and send on the Yealink, my provider gives back the tone I get when the number was invalid. With any other phone, I would get back a dial tone at this point.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

Hi dear customer,

I think in your specific usage scenario, the *70 code is provided by the server, right? Please go to web interface-->Features-->General Information, and put *70 as call waiting code area.

Please test and let me know if any update.

Best Regards,
Yealink_Travis

RE: Disable call waiting - kjaslow - 02-05-2018 05:05 PM

I had already put in *70 as the "Call Waiting Off Code." However, this setting seems like it is likely there to support the menu function from the phone: Call Features | Call Waiting|Disable. But the purpose of *70 is to dial it at the start of a call, and the feature will be disabled just for that phone call, without disabling it altogether. In other words, it will re-enable on the next phone call. This seems to be pretty standard among US service providers. But when I dial *70 on my phone, I immediately get a busy signal.

By the way, if I receive a call, I should also be able to dial *70 while I'm on the call to disable call waiting so the call is not interrupted by another incoming call. So, it's important that I can pass a *70 command...

RE: Disable call waiting - Travis_Yealink - 02-06-2018 01:44 AM

(02-05-2018 05:05 PM)kjaslow Wrote:  I had already put in *70 as the "Call Waiting Off Code." However, this setting seems like it is likely there to support the menu function from the phone: Call Features | Call Waiting|Disable. But the purpose of *70 is to dial it at the start of a call, and the feature will be disabled just for that phone call, without disabling it altogether. In other words, it will re-enable on the next phone call. This seems to be pretty standard among US service providers. But when I dial *70 on my phone, I immediately get a busy signal.

By the way, if I receive a call, I should also be able to dial *70 while I'm on the call to disable call waiting so the call is not interrupted by another incoming call. So, it's important that I can pass a *70 command...

Hi dear customer,

Thanks for the clarification, however, after double checking with our Product Team, it's confirmed not supported by now.

Would you please kindly help collect trace files to me so that I could apply a feature request for you, what we need as below:
1. trace files from W60B for further analysis:
a. Level 6 syslog
b. PCAP trace
c. Config.bin
You can get the guide from this link to see how to export the issue data(trace files):
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=707

2. Trace files from other brand phone, so that we could do the comparison.

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Regards,
Yealink_Travis