Yealink Forums
Automatic message display on T29G - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Automatic message display on T29G (/showthread.php?tid=41493)

Automatic message display on T29G - yc12843 - 01-25-2018 02:39 PM

We have a simple Asterisk-based IVR that answers the phone for our company and allows the caller to choose an extension to ring.
The secretary at the reception desk has a T29G with a EXP20.
I'd like to be able to use the phone's display to show the Caller ID info of the people who dial into the IVR, without ringing her phone;
(she's not supposed to answer it unless they dial her extension, or 0).

I thought of doing it by having the server send her phone a SMS containing that info.
So, is it possible to automatically display incoming text messages (SIP MESSAGE) in an unobtrusive way?

Such that:
  • Text is shown automatically, no need to push a "view" button.
  • Doesn't disturb current calls, if any.
  • Doesn't cover (all) the dsskeys' text labels. (it's fine if some are)
  • Automatically go away after a delay, unless it's very unobstrusive.
  • Doesn't prevent dialing and other functions if the user ignores it.
So it'd be acceptable if they'd be shown as part of the background wallpaper or something.

If that's not possible, is there another way it could work?
Like, dynamically changing a dsskey's label would work too if that was possible (?)

RE: Automatic message display on T29G - complex1 - 01-25-2018 03:40 PM

(01-25-2018 02:39 PM)yc12843 Wrote:  We have a simple Asterisk-based IVR that answers the phone for our company and allows the caller to choose an extension to ring.
The secretary at the reception desk has a T29G with a EXP20.
I'd like to be able to use the phone's display to show the Caller ID info of the people who dial into the IVR, without ringing her phone;
(she's not supposed to answer it unless they dial her extension, or 0).

I thought of doing it by having the server send her phone a SMS containing that info.
So, is it possible to automatically display incoming text messages (SIP MESSAGE) in an unobtrusive way?

Such that:
  • Text is shown automatically, no need to push a "view" button.
  • Doesn't disturb current calls, if any.
  • Doesn't cover (all) the dsskeys' text labels. (it's fine if some are)
  • Automatically go away after a delay, unless it's very unobstrusive.
  • Doesn't prevent dialing and other functions if the user ignores it.
So it'd be acceptable if they'd be shown as part of the background wallpaper or something.

If that's not possible, is there another way it could work?
Like, dynamically changing a dsskey's label would work too if that was possible (?)

Hi,

The phone can display a visual alert when the monitored users receives an incoming call.

To use this feature enable “Visual Alert for BLF Pickup” which can be find Features > Pick up & Return > Call Pickup
Or by provisioning:
features.pickup.blf_visual_enable = 1

Hope this will answer your question.

RE: Automatic message display on T29G - yc12843 - 01-25-2018 08:58 PM

(01-25-2018 03:40 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi,

The phone can display a visual alert when the monitored users receives an incoming call.

To use this feature enable “Visual Alert for BLF Pickup” which can be find Features > Pick up & Return > Call Pickup
Or by provisioning:
features.pickup.blf_visual_enable = 1

Hope this will answer your question.

Hello,
I already use the BLF lights to monitor the lines in the office.
And I also added a few rules in my Asterisk dialplan to count the number of calls to the IVR and to provide a status hint to a BLF on the phone (only the light is useful, the button does nothing).
The problem is that the only information that can be conveyed that way is an on/off value.
It would be neat if there was a way to change the label for that dsskey whenever there's a new call to the IVR.