Yealink Forums
BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: BLF Ringing overwrites Talking (/showthread.php?tid=41418)

BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - HamburgerJungeJr - 12-23-2017 11:17 AM

Hi,

we have multiple T48G in use.
If one user is talking on his phone we can see the talking status on the BLF. But ifanother call is coming in and his phone rings we are not able to see the talking status anymore instead we can only see the ringing status.

Is it possible to change this behavior so that we can always see if anyone is talking?
The BLF-LED-Mode setting does not change anything, wheter I set it to 0 or to 4.

Greetings
HamburgerJungeJr

RE: BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - anonymous1712222627012 - 12-27-2017 01:52 AM

Dear User,

Firstly, the BLF-LED-Mode is not applicable to T48G/t48S because they don't have the hardware linekey.

Also I not very clear about the scenario that you are talking about, do you mean something like below?

1. You set a BLF to monitor A on the phone.
2. When A is talking you can see A's talking status.
3. B is Calling A when A is still on talking, then you see A's status is ringing, not talking, am I right?

If this is the case, then I don't see anything wrong, the status of A is correct all the time.
Please correct me if any misunderstanding.

Kind Regards
Samuel Wang

RE: BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - HamburgerJungeJr - 01-04-2018 04:13 PM

We have the folliwng scenario:
Users A and B at Office 1
User C at Office 2

User A has BLF for User B+C
User B has BLF for User A+C
User C has BLF for User A+B

When A is talking User B+C can see this on the BLF
Now someone is calling from outside, all phone are ringing.
So on all BLFs there is the status 'ringing'.

Now User C cannot not know if User B is talking too. So he does not know if he should answer this call, because primary Users A+B should answer the phone calls and C should answer the calls extraordinarily.

So maybe the title is a bit confusing. My question is if it is possible to disable the ringing status so that you can always see if someone is talking.

Greetings
HamburgerJungeJr

RE: BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - joshua@itstel.com - 04-04-2018 07:23 PM

(12-27-2017 01:52 AM)Samuel_Yealink Wrote:  Dear User,

Firstly, the BLF-LED-Mode is not applicable to T48G/t48S because they don't have the hardware linekey.

Also I not very clear about the scenario that you are talking about, do you mean something like below?

3. B is Calling A when A is still on talking, then you see A's status is ringing, not talking, am I right?

If this is the case, then I don't see anything wrong, the status of A is correct all the time.

Kind Regards
Samuel Wang

Using this scenario, what is wrong is user C who covers answering calls for user A can now not tell if user A is on the phone or not and does not know if they should answer the call or not.

(04-04-2018 07:23 PM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  
(12-27-2017 01:52 AM)Samuel_Yealink Wrote:  Dear User,

Kind Regards
Samuel Wang

Using this scenario, what is wrong is user C who covers answering calls for user A can now not tell if user A is on the phone or not and does not know if they should answer the call or not.

Ideally, the BLF talking status should override the BLF ringing status. The talking status is more informative than the ringing status.

Is there a way to accomplish this now? If not, please submit to development. Traditional phone systems worked this way - the talking status always over-road the ringing status BLF. I makes little sense to switch the BLF status to ringing when it is already displaying the talking status.

Hope this clarifies the original request. Thanks for the great support!

RE: BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - phoneone - 09-03-2021 10:54 PM

Has this been addressed? Is there an override to change the behavior?

RE: BLF Ringing overwrites Talking - phoneone - 09-15-2021 01:37 AM

(09-03-2021 10:54 PM)phoneone Wrote:  Has this been addressed? Is there an override to change the behavior?

I need this fixed as well. This is an obvious sign this was not programmed based on a true user scenario.

Please get this fixed.