Yealink Forums
Call Waiting Ring Option - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Call Waiting Ring Option (/showthread.php?tid=41393)

Call Waiting Ring Option - moshebt - 12-14-2017 05:58 AM

Is there a way to set on a call waiting the option to RING (from speaker) instead of a call waiting BEEP.

The use case is for users who are in direct proximity of one another, who cover each others calls when the targetted caller is already occupied.

This has been requested by folks coming from Panasonic Systems as well user migrating from Polycom phones.

RE: Call Waiting Ring Option - jolouis - 12-14-2017 11:04 PM

Long history of users requesting this, and time and time again Yealink has said nope will not implement, not possible on their hardware.

Maybe that has changed with the T5 series, but all requests for this over the last few years on T4x and T2x have always resulted in Yealink saying "We will work on it", and then 6 months later finally replying to say "Nope not possible". I suspect there is something about the internal audio routing on the phones that for whatever reason will not allow the speaker to be used to do something different than what the handset speaker is doing... so if you're already on a call, the phone can't do something different with the speaker. That's just my guess though...

RE: Call Waiting Ring Option - Elaine_Yealink - 12-15-2017 08:30 AM

Dear customers,

Thank you for your kind suggestion on Yealink phones.

For this request, I am sorry to tell you that we cannot implement it due to hardware restriction.

Regards
Elaine