Yealink Forums
Invalid Line - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Invalid Line (/showthread.php?tid=41237)

Invalid Line - 2 Circles Communations_Support - 10-24-2017 01:12 PM

Good afternoon,

We have 2 W52P's at our site. We frequently have the message 'invalid line' come up on the phone and we are unable to make or receive calls. A reboot of the router appears to resolve the problem but we need to determine why it is happening in the first place so we can stop it happening in future as it wastes a lot of our time.

Can you please advise?

many thanks

RE: Invalid Line - Aishion_Yealink - 10-25-2017 07:10 AM

(10-24-2017 01:12 PM)Jen Wrote:  Good afternoon,

We have 2 W52P's at our site. We frequently have the message 'invalid line' come up on the phone and we are unable to make or receive calls. A reboot of the router appears to resolve the problem but we need to determine why it is happening in the first place so we can stop it happening in future as it wastes a lot of our time.

Can you please advise?

many thanks

Hi Jen,

For this issue, could you please kindly help me confirm about firmware please(both base and handset)? Please kindly try with latest firmware in below link and test again.

[attachment=4719]

Can I kindly know how often did you face this issue? Maybe 3 times a day? Do you mean 2 handset connect to one base?

It seems that phone are in "register fail" status when the issue happened, could you please help to check the register status on Web UI. And probably the port being used that caused this issue.

[attachment=4720]

To locate this issue, would you please help me gather config.bin file, level 6 syslog and trace?

About how to get these files, please refer below FAQ:

http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=313

Note: Please remember export log to system before the issue happened for this probabilistic issue, you can also refer attached guide.

Any update, please feel free to let us know.

RE: Invalid Line - 2 Circles Communations_Support - 10-26-2017 03:31 PM

(10-25-2017 07:10 AM)Aishion_Yealink Wrote:  

Can you please advise?

many thanks

Hi Jen,

For this issue, could you please kindly help me confirm about firmware please(both base and handset)? Please kindly try with latest firmware in below link and test again.

Can I kindly know how often did you face this issue? Maybe 3 times a day? Do you mean 2 handset connect to one base?

It seems that phone are in "register fail" status when the issue happened, could you please help to check the register status on Web UI. And probably the port being used that caused this issue.

To locate this issue, would you please help me gather config.bin file, level 6 syslog and trace?

About how to get these files, please refer below FAQ:

http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=313

Note: Please remember export log to system before the issue happened for this probabilistic issue, you can also refer attached guide.

Any update, please feel free to let us know.

Hi,

the latest firmware is 25.73.179.7, there is no option to upgrade?

They face the issue a couple of times a day, there are 2 handsets connected to 1 base.

At what stage would you need me to supply the log please?

Many thanks,

Jen

RE: Invalid Line - jolouis - 10-30-2017 03:46 PM

Can you please advise?

many thanks

If you have to reboot the router to resolve the problem, then logic would say problem is not with the W52s but with the router blocking something. As pointed out, sounds like the registration is failing, most likely because the router is blocking packets for some reason.

Try checking to make sure that there is no "SIP ALG" enabled on your router. Failing that, try replacing the router with a different make/brand and see if that helps.