Yealink Forums
Automatically conference handsets - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W56P(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Automatically conference handsets (/showthread.php?tid=41170)

Automatically conference handsets - pcunite - 09-29-2017 07:11 PM

I'm interested in the W56P (or new W60) handset system.

Not sure what the name of this feature would be called, but is it possible to make all the handsets ring, then when the first handset answers the call, the other handsets can somehow "join" or conference into that call? Automatic or manual is fine. There will be no PBX involved, the W60B base station would simply be connected to a voip.ms account.

RE: Automatically conference handsets - jolouis - 10-06-2017 02:37 PM

(09-29-2017 07:11 PM)pcunite Wrote:  I'm interested in the W56P (or new W60) handset system.

Not sure what the name of this feature would be called, but is it possible to make all the handsets ring, then when the first handset answers the call, the other handsets can somehow "join" or conference into that call? Automatic or manual is fine. There will be no PBX involved, the W60B base station would simply be connected to a voip.ms account.

Unfortunately that's not possible, especially without some kind of PBX involved. It sounds like you are trying to mimic the behaviour of an existing analog cordless system (i.e. second person picks up the off-hook line, hears the existing call). That's something the Yealink sets were never designed to do. With a PBX it would be possible using a bit of creativity, but just on the phones themselves not going to happen.