Yealink Forums
Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN (/showthread.php?tid=41116)

Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - ipcsolutions - 09-06-2017 08:13 AM

When phones are connected via Open VPN to a SIP server, performing a resync on the phone will make it reboot, even if there have been no configuration changes.
I believe that it did not do it on previous firmware releases.
This release is 66.81.0.110.

This is obviously annoying so I would like to know if this is a bug and if not what I can do to fix it.

Thanks
Mike

RE: Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - ipcsolutions - 09-06-2017 11:47 AM

It appears to also do the same thing when connected at another site over a VPN. Strange.

RE: Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - ipcsolutions - 09-10-2017 07:41 AM

Would it be possible to know what parameters cause the phone to reboot?

Thanks
Mike

RE: Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - Johnson_Yealink - 09-11-2017 09:16 AM

Dear Mike,

This is Johnson from Yealink Technical support team.Nice to work with you.
For this question,please kindly change the "sip.notify_reboot_enable" value via
auto provisioning.

sip.notify_reboot_enable 0, 1 or 2

Description:
Configure the IP phone behavior when receiving a SIP NOTIFY message which contains the header “Event: check-sync”.

0-The IP phone will reboot only if the SIP NOTIFY message contains an additional string “reboot=true”.
1-The IP phone will be forced to reboot.
2-The IP phone will ignore the SIP NOTIFY message.

Any update,please feel free to let me know.

BR
Johnson

RE: Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - Johnson_Yealink - 09-19-2017 06:10 AM

Dear Customer,

Any update,please kindly let me know.
Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

BR
Johnson

RE: Phone reboots on Resync when using Open VPN - ipcsolutions - 09-23-2017 03:16 AM

Sorry for the slow reply. I didnt get a notification email for some reason.
Yes that fixed the problem thanks.

Mike