Yealink Forums
T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset (/showthread.php?tid=41087)

T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset - S J - 08-25-2017 07:17 PM

Hello,

Just discovered that no matter what level of lock down choosen on the phone T41S/T42S/T46S users can reboot or factory reset phone.

The "X" button if held will allow user to reboot phone, not really an issue but was unknown, hold time is 5secs.

The "OK" button if held will allow user to factory reset the phone, not acceptable behaviour, hold time is 5secs.

What can we do to remove/block/prevent users from doing this. This type of functionality should not be hard coded in to a buttons functionality.

Cheers,
Scott

RE: T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset - complex1 - 08-25-2017 08:13 PM

(08-25-2017 07:17 PM)S J Wrote:  Hello,

Just discovered that no matter what level of lock down choosen on the phone T41S/T42S/T46S users can reboot or factory reset phone.

The "X" button if held will allow user to reboot phone, not really an issue but was unknown, hold time is 5secs.

The "OK" button if held will allow user to factory reset the phone, not acceptable behaviour, hold time is 5secs.

What can we do to remove/block/prevent users from doing this. This type of functionality should not be hard coded in to a buttons functionality.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi,

Please autoprovision the phone with next parameter to prevent factory reset while long press "OK" button.
features.reset_by_long_press_enable = 0

Hope this will help.

RE: T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset - proofy - 02-15-2019 10:27 AM

(08-25-2017 08:13 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Please autoprovision the phone with next parameter to prevent factory reset while long press "OK" button.

How can I reset the device with reset_by_long_press_enable enabled, if I lost my admin password, for example?

RE: T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset - complex1 - 02-15-2019 03:13 PM

(02-15-2019 10:27 AM)proofy Wrote:  
(08-25-2017 08:13 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Please autoprovision the phone with next parameter to prevent factory reset while long press "OK" button.

How can I reset the device with reset_by_long_press_enable enabled, if I lost my admin password, for example?

Hi,

If the parameter "features.reset_by_long_press_enable" is enabled (1) and you lost your admin password, the phone can reset to factory default.

RE: T46S Holding OK button allows factory reset - 4th Dimension - 08-01-2019 01:50 PM

I have a T46S thats been locked so you cannot reset it by pressing OK. Cannot access phone at all. Dont have password. Unable to flash Via TFTP as it complains ROM File too large. Any Ideas?