Yealink Forums
directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: directory search options - first letter as well as contains (/showthread.php?tid=41027)

Pages: 1 2

directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Chaptech - 07-31-2017 12:53 AM

Hi all,

We have setup a remote address for a customer that works well but they said they wont use it because searching for a "y" for example shows anything with a y in it, not what starts with y.

From what i can tell i cannot change the search from contains to starts with? if possible would love to know how

cheers

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Chaptech - 07-31-2017 10:43 PM

noone?

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Klaus_Yealink - 08-01-2017 02:08 AM

Hello,

From your description, I think you mean you help end user set up a remote phone book, and it works well, but when you search Y, there is no contacts?

If yes, please try to enable " Incoming/Outgoing Call Lookup" option, the path is below:

webUI>>directory>>remote phone book>>Incoming/Outgoing Call Lookup

BTW: Maybe you can send me your remote phone book, I can do a local test.

BR

klaus

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Chaptech - 08-01-2017 02:29 AM

(08-01-2017 02:08 AM)Klaus Wrote:  Hello,

From your description, I think you mean you help end user set up a remote phone book, and it works well, but when you search Y, there is no contacts?

If yes, please try to enable " Incoming/Outgoing Call Lookup" option, the path is below:

webUI>>directory>>remote phone book>>Incoming/Outgoing Call Lookup

BTW: Maybe you can send me your remote phone book, I can do a local test.

BR

klaus

Hi Klaus,

Remote Directory is setup and working and i can search it, what i am trying to do is :

lets say in the directory there is 2 entries

Jimmy
Yelof

currently when i do a search for "y" it shows both of the above entries, what i would like to do is when we search for "y" it only shows the results where the "y" is the first character, thus only returning Yelof

make sense?

cheers

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Klaus_Yealink - 09-25-2017 10:02 AM

Hello,

In fact, now all the modes support show all the names which contain "Y" by design, but we will collect your info, if more customer want it, maybe we will change in future.

BR

klaus

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - kernrot - 04-01-2019 08:56 AM

Hello,

I do have a customer requesting this feature as well.
Show all names starting with a certain search string instead of containing it.

Please consider implementing it.

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Souren - 05-23-2019 11:35 AM

Hi,

We have a mixture of T21(P)E2 and T41S models,

we are also have a big list of names in the address book and users are now complaining as when searching for say letter S, they get all entries that has letter S in it, I wouldn't mind but they are not even in an order like all the names starting with S first and then other names that have S in them!

Is there a workaround as the users have now been asking to change phones to ones that might have a better searching functionality.

Thanks

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Chris708 - 05-23-2019 02:35 PM

This has been a long-time issue with regards to the search looking for that letter (or combination of letters) anywhere in the name. People will just have to search for more than just a single letter to help filter the names out better.

Regarding the listed order, I think the order comes up based on the order that the names are stored in the directory. If you have them stored alphabetically, they will come up (filtered by your search) alphabetically.

It may help to organize your directory into multiple directories. If you have a single company, you may want to organize multiple directories by department, or sections of the alphabet (A-J, K-P, Q-Z) or something like that.

We have a client with multiple sites and have all the phones showing the directories for each site so that each site has all three directories. You can then hi-light one directory (or go into the directory), press Search, and it will only search that directory.

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - Souren - 05-23-2019 03:28 PM

Hi,

problem is that even though the names are entered alphabetically in the phonebook, when you search letter S, names starting with S are not on top, if someone is called Jasmin they will appear on the top and then you will have to scroll down to find the ones starting with letter S.

RE: directory search options - first letter as well as contains - dcfindlay - 06-04-2019 03:35 PM

Yes. I vote for this.

I just want to hit 8 and have it jump to the start of the T's.

When you have hundreds of entries in the directory, using multi-tap to enter a search term is cumbersome and error prone.