Yealink Forums
Speed dial contact with user input - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Speed dial contact with user input (/showthread.php?tid=40975)

Speed dial contact with user input - mattseventy - 07-03-2017 11:55 PM

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked & answered but I can't find it.

Currently we have the local directory populated with contacts. Is it possible to speed dial those contacts by pressing a speed dial button and then entering the contact's directory index number?

I suspect it is not due to there being multiple numbers in each contacts directory entry.

It does seem odd that a feature that has been on phone systems for a long time is not on such a feature rich phone.

Other than a DSS button for a single speed dial, is there any other way?

Thanks

Matt

RE: Speed dial contact with user input - Kevin_Yealink - 07-04-2017 10:10 AM

(07-03-2017 11:55 PM)mattseventy Wrote:  Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked & answered but I can't find it.

Currently we have the local directory populated with contacts. Is it possible to speed dial those contacts by pressing a speed dial button and then entering the contact's directory index number?

I suspect it is not due to there being multiple numbers in each contacts directory entry.

It does seem odd that a feature that has been on phone systems for a long time is not on such a feature rich phone.

Other than a DSS button for a single speed dial, is there any other way?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

I'm sorry that we don't support such feature. We only can set multi speed dial key for different number.

I think if we set speed dial+contact index number, i don'y think it is convenient because user have to remember many index.

Maybe you can set up multi speed dial key.

BR
Kevin

RE: Speed dial contact with user input - mattseventy - 07-04-2017 10:46 PM

Thanks Kevin,

In the past we have a had a printed contact list with about 30 names of the most commonly called numbers. It was a quick way of dialling those numbers instead of finding them in a directory. I might explore adding these contacts in their own group to speed up dialling.

Regards,

Matt

(07-04-2017 10:10 AM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  Hi Matt

I'm sorry that we don't support such feature. We only can set multi speed dial key for different number.

I think if we set speed dial+contact index number, i don'y think it is convenient because user have to remember many index.

Maybe you can set up multi speed dial key.

BR
Kevin

RE: Speed dial contact with user input - Werner1959 - 07-05-2017 09:45 AM

One or more EXP40 LCD Expansion Module(s) may solve your problem, if compatible to your device. I use one of this with a T46G and it is working fine.