Yealink Forums
W52P single SIP account, concurrent conversations? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: W52P single SIP account, concurrent conversations? (/showthread.php?tid=40967)

W52P single SIP account, concurrent conversations? - LookWhosTalking - 06-30-2017 01:59 AM

I have a simple residential NBN plus VOIP plan and run a small home business. Is it possible to have the W52P base station with a single SIP Account (number) plus 2 x W52H handsets, to have 2 calls come in (call waiting is activated), to transfer one call to the 2nd handset to my partner and also talk on the 1st handset? ie to have 2 concurrent (happening at the same time) conversations going on a single SIP account? Or will I need 2 SIP accounts?

RE: W52P single SIP account, concurrent conversations? - jolouis - 07-06-2017 04:45 PM

(06-30-2017 01:59 AM)LookWhosTalking Wrote:  I have a simple residential NBN plus VOIP plan and run a small home business. Is it possible to have the W52P base station with a single SIP Account (number) plus 2 x W52H handsets, to have 2 calls come in (call waiting is activated), to transfer one call to the 2nd handset to my partner and also talk on the 1st handset? ie to have 2 concurrent (happening at the same time) conversations going on a single SIP account? Or will I need 2 SIP accounts?

That is entirely up to your service provider. Typically for residential "Home Phone" type applications they charge you per VoIP line, and each line can only be tied to a single device. What you are describing is more of a PBX type of setup, where multiple calls come in and get routed or transferred between multiple devices.

In theory if you had two accounts from the same provider setup on the W52 base and assigned one handset to each you could transfer the calls back and forth, but that would only be if the service provider allowed you to do that. In a business environment that would usually be handled by the PBX...

I would suggest in your case you might want to talk to your provider or look at options for a small/limited hosted PBX setup. In addition to letting you handle the calls the way you want it would also give you voicemail and other business type features that the W52 doesn't do on it's own.