Yealink Forums
Yealink connection via laptop? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Yealink connection via laptop? (/showthread.php?tid=40951)

Yealink connection via laptop? - afsfwmw90rfj - 06-23-2017 02:51 PM

Is it possible to use a Yealink phone by plugging the phone into a laptop?

I use a mobile hotspot to get online. I do not have a router.

Thanks

RE: Yealink connection via laptop? - complex1 - 06-24-2017 07:44 AM

(06-23-2017 02:51 PM)afsfwmw90rfj Wrote:  Is it possible to use a Yealink phone by plugging the phone into a laptop?

I use a mobile hotspot to get online. I do not have a router.

Thanks

I think what you want is not possible, because:
- The laptop is not capable to connect Wi-Fi to the physical ethernet line and v.v.
- The laptop cannot act as a switch.

Hope this helps.

RE: Yealink connection via laptop? - Phonism - 06-26-2017 09:35 AM

In Windows, you can bridge your wifi or other (hotspot) internet connection to the ethernet port. I used to do this all the time as a quick method to get my Xbox 360 online when I didn't have the official USB WiFi adapter. I'm sure there's a way to do it in OSX and Linux too.

The laptop cannot power the phone over ethernet though, you will need an external adapter.

- Daniel

RE: Yealink connection via laptop? - afsfwmw90rfj - 06-26-2017 02:00 PM

(06-26-2017 09:35 AM)Phonism Wrote:  In Windows, you can bridge your wifi or other (hotspot) internet connection to the ethernet port. I used to do this all the time as a quick method to get my Xbox 360 online when I didn't have the official USB WiFi adapter. I'm sure there's a way to do it in OSX and Linux too.

The laptop cannot power the phone over ethernet though, you will need an external adapter.

- Daniel

Thanks so much. I have the external adaptor, I have Windows 7. I'll see what I can do. thanks again