Yealink Forums
rps xmlrpc - add device with serverurl only - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Auto Provisioning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: rps xmlrpc - add device with serverurl only (/showthread.php?tid=40889)

rps xmlrpc - add device with serverurl only - bpps - 06-01-2017 09:07 AM

Hi all
How can i add a device but using a server url and not a server name thru xmlrpc
thanks

RE: rps xmlrpc - add device with serverurl only - jolouis - 06-02-2017 01:15 PM

(06-01-2017 09:07 AM)bpps Wrote:  Hi all
How can i add a device but using a server url and not a server name thru xmlrpc
thanks

Unfortunately you can't. The XMLRPC interface is woefully lacking and pretty much unusable in any kind of real world scenario. (i.e. there's no way to even list which servers you have defined, let alone view devices associated with them etc). It's almost as if they started doing the XMLRPC interface, then stopped and put all efforts into the user web interface instead and never went back to finish the XML stuff. I was told a while back that there were some extra undocumented methods added to the server, but when I asked for the details of them I was told it was all still "under development and not available yet"... maybe somebody from Yealink will have a better answer for you though.

See my previous post here:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=40715

(BTW IN our case we ended up building a screen-scraping module for the RPS web interface since it was the only way to get the information needed).

RE: rps xmlrpc - add device with serverurl only - Torontob - 06-06-2017 01:03 AM

(06-02-2017 01:15 PM)jolouis Wrote:  (BTW IN our case we ended up building a screen-scraping module for the RPS web interface since it was the only way to get the information needed).

Care to share? this sounds useful to us.
I am wondering if XMLRPC is in better shape by now.

Thanks,