Yealink Forums
SNMP Support - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: SNMP Support (/showthread.php?tid=40814)

SNMP Support - TandyUK Servers_Support - 04-27-2017 06:57 AM

Hi,

A couple of years ago, we settled on Yealink as our phone brand of choice, in part because your phones supported SNMP.

This feature was removed, for reasons unknown to me.

This is now becoming a serious issue for us, and I would like confirmation of why this feature was removed from recent firmwares, what we can do to convince you to re-add this feature which is vital to us.

We deploy hundreds of phones every month, and are now seriously considering changing our brand of phones due to the lack of even basic snmp support.

We use the following phones:
T19, T19E2
T21, T22, T26, T29
T41, T46
W52
CP860

RE: SNMP Support - complex1 - 04-27-2017 02:45 PM

(04-27-2017 06:57 AM)tandyuk Wrote:  Hi,

A couple of years ago, we settled on Yealink as our phone brand of choice, in part because your phones supported SNMP.

This is now becoming a serious issue for us, and I would like confirmation of why this feature was removed from recent firmwares, what we can do to convince you to re-add this feature which is vital to us.

We deploy hundreds of phones every month, and are now seriously considering changing our brand of phones due to the lack of even basic snmp support.

T19, T19E2
T21, T22, T26, T29
T41, T46
W52
CP860

Hi,

As far as I know, mid 2014 the SNMP feature is removed from the phones, because of the limitation of the phone memory and its very limited support.

It is recommend using TR069 which supports monitoring much phone status and configuring almost all of phone setting to achieve a central management.

Hope this helps.

RE: SNMP Support - TandyUK Servers_Support - 04-27-2017 03:32 PM

(04-27-2017 02:45 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(04-27-2017 06:57 AM)tandyuk Wrote:  Hi,

T19, T19E2
T21, T22, T26, T29
T41, T46
W52
CP860

Hi,

As far as I know, mid 2014 the SNMP feature is removed from the phones, because of the limitation of the phone memory and its very limited support.

It is recommend using TR069 which supports monitoring much phone status and configuring almost all of phone setting to achieve a central management.

Hope this helps.

Our monitoring system (observium) requires all managed devices to use snmp, even if it is basic.
We're only really interested in seeing device uptime, and the fact it responds to ping.
Obviously other stats would be useful, eg the yes/no registration state of each voip account, but thats not essential. We just require devices to respond to SNMP, which originally, these all did.

RE: SNMP Support - Megachip - 07-08-2020 01:35 PM

So they removed the most business related feature from the phones?

Any plans to bring this back?