Yealink Forums
T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled (/showthread.php?tid=40810)

T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - stefan - 04-25-2017 11:51 PM

On a T46S with firmware 66.81.0.70 with the following (factory default) settings:

phone_setting.predial_autodial = 0
phone_setting.inter_digit_time = 4
super_search.recent_call = 1

To reproduce:
  • Press the first digit of a recently dialed number. The list of recently dialed numbers appears.
  • Press Down. The first entry of the list is selected.
  • Wait 4 seconds. The number is dialed automatically.

Expected behavior:
With “Live Dialpad” disabled, I expect numbers only to be dialed explicitly by pressing the send key. This expectation is in line with the documentation of “phone_setting.inter_digit_time”: “It works only if the value of the parameter “phone_setting.predial_autodial” is set to 1”

Additional observation:
When opening a line (by lifting the handset, pressing speakerphone key or a line key), so there is a dialtone, entered digits are dialed automatically after inter_digit_time. Maybe this is expected behavior, but I would prefer the phone to never dial automatically.

-- Stefan

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - Lucia_Yealink - 05-02-2017 08:05 AM

HI Stefan,

Can you provide the level 6 syslog, config.bin and pace trace for me to do further trouble shooting:
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=313

we need pcap file to check the communication of phone and server side , we need syslog file to know what happened to phone side , and we need config file to check if any configuration is missed, so we need three of them provide at one time.

Also, how many phones you have in total? Is it only one phone have the issue?

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - stefan - 05-04-2017 11:05 PM

I just mailed the debug trace to support@yealink.com. This phone is my only one, as I just started implementing the IP PBX and evaluating options.

The issue is reproducible on a factory reset phone with minimal configuration (i.e. setting up an account).

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - Lucia_Yealink - 05-05-2017 12:39 PM

HI Stefan,

For the problem, it is by design.

When you opening a line (by lifting the handset, pressing speakerphone key or a line key), then you must want to dail out, so we just make it by design so that you do not need to press the send key additional.

If you do not want to the phone dail out automatically,suggest to configure the phone_setting.inter_digit_time= time to the max value.

Then it will be 14s after you enter the number to dail out.

Regards
Lucia

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - stefan - 05-05-2017 01:35 PM

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this. What you describe is my “additional observation”.

Please follow exactly the steps “to reproduce” without lifting the handset. The line is not opened. There is no dialtone. The phone does not autodial after just pressing digits. It does autodial after additionally pressing the down key.

This is completely surprising to me and already lead to dialing wrong numbers while sifting through the super_search list.

-- Stefan

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - Lucia_Yealink - 05-05-2017 03:48 PM

i will feedback to our PM of this scenario and take it into account.

But for the present suggestion, just configure the time to a bigger value.

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - dgcorp - 06-14-2017 11:50 AM

I've just found this post and would like to say that I'm also having this issue and that it is a new problem with the more recent firmwares.

We have 40x Yealink T46G's on our main London site.

Just like Stefan... With "Live Dialpad" set to DISABLED, I expect AutoDial to NEVER HAPPEN.

- However on 3 of our T46G's running the latest 28.81.0.110 firmware (as a test), when you enter a number then press down (to highlight one of the resolved entries) it starts dialling after the "Inter Digit Time" seconds have elapsed.

- This does NOT happen on our T46G's running T46-28.80.0.130 firmware (even if you press down it never AutoDials and simply returns to the main menu after a timeout).

Can I request that you either revert to the old behaviour OR allow "Inter Digit Time" to be set to "0" meaning Never Auto Dial.

Regards, Derek
-

Derek Green
IT Consultancy & Project Management
e: derek.green@dsharp.co.u k

RE: T46S audodials with “Live Dialpad” disabled - dgcorp - 10-05-2017 12:55 PM

Lucia (or anyone other Yealink representative),

I've just been testing the recently release 28.82.x.x ROM on our T46Gs.
I'm disappointed to see that the issue Stefan and I highlighted several months ago is still not fixed.

On ROM: 28.80.0.136, the phones Never auto-dialled as long as "Live Dialpad" = Disabled (phone_setting.predial_autodial = 0 )
On ROMs: 28.81.0.110 & 28.82.0.20, this behaviour has changed and is not WRONG.
Even if I set the "phone_setting.inter_digit_time" to the maximum of "14", it still does the auto-dial which can lead to mistaken dialling.

Video of issue: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq0bWKpA4vuKir0R9rcAYLx6G-dUYQ
(Video Notes: The phone on the left had a Timeout of 14 while the phone on the right was set to 4, but the issue is the same whatever you set the value).

- Can you please change the behaviour back to how it used to be, or give us some other option to completely disable Auto-Dial

Regards, Derek

One extra clarification....

The auto-dial does not happen when you do not press the down key.

But when there are multiple results, I want to be able to press down to look through the results (which I often then note down).

What I don't want to happen, is for the phone to start dialling, when I'm just browsing a list of numbers (only when I tell it to dial!!)