Yealink Forums
Is this type of transfer available? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Is this type of transfer available? (/showthread.php?tid=40797)

Is this type of transfer available? - Tyler - 04-21-2017 05:34 PM

If so, how do I configure it?

Hello, I work for support for our service center. One change the director of the service center is wanting is the feature I'm about to present before you guys.

So that you understand, here is a scenario.

Customer Calls in to cancel.

The way we currently handle this, is we transfer this customer to our cancellation department and we are not able to explain the situation before the customer gets there. Since we transfer it to a number that rings to a random person inside of the cancellation team and not a specific extension, we are not able to know who the call is going to.

This is what we want: we want to hear the customer's complaints, then, we want to say, "please hold while we transfer your call". We hit transfer to the group extension for cancellations, It transfers me, the person that took the call originally to the complaints department while this customer is on hold. I explain the situation to the cancellation department. The cancellation department (after hearing what I have to say) is ready to take the customer's call. Then we hit transfer one more time (or hangup) and it transfers the upset customer to the same person I spoke to and now our cancellation department knows the full story before the customer even gets there.

Is there a way to do this? How do I configure the T46g's to do this? I assume there's a way I'm just not sure how.

RE: Is this type of transfer available? - bradpitt - 04-22-2017 05:25 PM

It's called attended transfer (the other type, the one which you are currently using, is called blind transfer), and I believe it's a standard feature on pretty much all PBXs/phones, so there should be plenty of information on how to do this.

http://www.google.com/search?q=attended+transfer+yealink

RE: Is this type of transfer available? - Travis_Yealink - 04-26-2017 05:50 AM

(04-21-2017 05:34 PM)Tyler Wrote:  If so, how do I configure it?

Hello, I work for support for our service center. One change the director of the service center is wanting is the feature I'm about to present before you guys.

So that you understand, here is a scenario.

Customer Calls in to cancel.

The way we currently handle this, is we transfer this customer to our cancellation department and we are not able to explain the situation before the customer gets there. Since we transfer it to a number that rings to a random person inside of the cancellation team and not a specific extension, we are not able to know who the call is going to.

This is what we want: we want to hear the customer's complaints, then, we want to say, "please hold while we transfer your call". We hit transfer to the group extension for cancellations, It transfers me, the person that took the call originally to the complaints department while this customer is on hold. I explain the situation to the cancellation department. The cancellation department (after hearing what I have to say) is ready to take the customer's call. Then we hit transfer one more time (or hangup) and it transfers the upset customer to the same person I spoke to and now our cancellation department knows the full story before the customer even gets there.

Is there a way to do this? How do I configure the T46g's to do this? I assume there's a way I'm just not sure how.

Hi,

Please see use attend transfer instead, more information, you can get from our admin guide:
http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2017-3-20%2F3%2F79721f8e-f758-4133-a1fa-c8b1cdc9eefd%2FYealink_SIP-T2_Series_T19%28P%29%20E2_T4_Series_IP_Phones_Administrator_Guide_V81_70.pdf

Any misunderstanding, freely to let me know.

Regards,
Travis_Yealink