Yealink Forums
YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accessories (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer (/showthread.php?tid=40733)

YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - dimitripietro - 03-27-2017 08:46 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if the Yealink headset are only compatible with Yealink phone or they can be use on Polycom phone for example ?

Thx !

RE: YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - complex1 - 03-28-2017 07:35 AM

(03-27-2017 08:46 PM)dimitripietro Wrote:  Hi,

I would like to know if the Yealink headset are only compatible with Yealink phone or they can be use on Polycom phone for example ?

Thx !

Hi,

I think you have to ask this question to Polycom support.
They should know which headsets are compatible with their devices.

RE: YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - dimitripietro - 03-28-2017 11:59 AM

Hi,

This is not the answer I'm looking for. Of course Polycom have a compatibility list with Jabra, Plantronics and all the major headset manufacturer and Yealink is not on the list. That's why I'm asking here if anybody tried.

RE: YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - jolouis - 03-28-2017 01:02 PM

(03-28-2017 11:59 AM)dimitripietro Wrote:  This is not the answer I'm looking for. Of course Polycom have a compatibility list with Jabra, Plantronics and all the major headset manufacturer and Yealink is not on the list. That's why I'm asking here if anybody tried.

Hi Dimitri,

Have not tried personally but my understanding is that the YHS33 is just an analog headset (it connects to the RJ9 port on the Yealink phones), and as such should work with any other phone that has an analog RJ9 port. Most Polycom models do (the VVX series for example does), but in some cases you may need a 2.5mm adapter (i.e. the soundpoint phones use 2.5mm instead of RJ9). As mentioned previously you would want to check with Polycom on that one to make sure you have the right connector, but otherwise should be fine.

Be aware that the YHS33 are not enhanced headsets and do not offer any kind of remote pickup/disconnect, volume control, etc.

RE: YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - Lucia_Yealink - 03-29-2017 09:27 AM

The line sequence of the YHS33 are the same with the YHS32.
You can get the line sequence in the link below:
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=146

We do not do a compatiable test with polycom, but from my experence, if the headset port of Polycom phone are the same with the YHS33, then it can be used.

RE: YHS33 compatibility with other phone manufacturer - oliv - 04-21-2017 01:15 PM

(03-27-2017 08:46 PM)dimitripietro Wrote:  Hi,

Thx !

I've just finished some testing with 2 (old) SIP phones (1 Aastra 6757i and 1 Thomson ST2030) and a GN Netcom GN2000. Phones and headsets have a RJ9 headphone plug.

To my surprise, I've got:
- With a YHS33-Aastra or YHS33-Thomson you can hear OK but mic is ineffective (no sound recorded),
- With a YHS33-Yealink or GN2000-Yealink, you can hear OK and mic is effective (sound recorded),
- With a GN2000-Aastra or GN2000-Thomson, you can hear OK and mic is effective (sound recorded).

I may missed something during my testings.

I would very happy if someone else could either comment, confirm or explain my results.

Regards