Yealink Forums
Ring-beep on internal busy calls - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Ring-beep on internal busy calls (/showthread.php?tid=40668)

Ring-beep on internal busy calls - xptpa2020 - 03-06-2017 04:50 PM

We have a customer that would like internal calls that are busy to have a different ring in the caller's ear than that of the standard - for instance, if I am on my mobile phone and somebody calls me, they do not hear the standard ring, but rather a ring-beep, alerting them to the fact that I am on the phone. Our customer wants a similar experience for his Yealink IP to IP internal calls that ring a busy extension.

It seems that if a mobile phone can do this, an intelligent IP phone should be able to achieve the same, but we cannot seem to find the configuration variable to provide such.

BTW we use asterisk ver 11 and 13

RE: Ring-beep on internal busy calls - complex1 - 03-07-2017 08:37 AM

(03-06-2017 04:50 PM)xptpa2020 Wrote:  We have a customer that would like internal calls that are busy to have a different ring in the caller's ear than that of the standard - for instance, if I am on my mobile phone and somebody calls me, they do not hear the standard ring, but rather a ring-beep, alerting them to the fact that I am on the phone. Our customer wants a similar experience for his Yealink IP to IP internal calls that ring a busy extension.

It seems that if a mobile phone can do this, an intelligent IP phone should be able to achieve the same, but we cannot seem to find the configuration variable to provide such.

BTW we use asterisk ver 11 and 13

Hi,

I think this is an Asterisk related issue, not Yealink.
When the Yealink deskphone (extension) is in use, it tells the PBX that it is busy.
When the PBX receives a new call for this extension, it knows the extension is busy and the PBX, and not the deskphone, should notify the caller with a busy tone sound.

RE: Ring-beep on internal busy calls - Klaus_Yealink - 03-10-2017 07:47 AM

Hello,

I think you can disable the call waiting feature , generally it will prompt "record you message after the tone", then it will go to VM,so you can configure the prompt message in the server side, then test again.

Also, you can do it in the server side, when the phone is on a call, for the second incoming call, please try to configure in the server side, ask the server notify the second call "sorry, the number you dialed is on a call, please try it later", about how to do it, please contact the server provider to check if it could do or not.

BR

klaus