Yealink Forums
Forward: No Ringing at Destination Number? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Forward: No Ringing at Destination Number? (/showthread.php?tid=40658)

Forward: No Ringing at Destination Number? - chmars - 03-01-2017 08:02 PM

I have the following issue with various T42G phones:

Forwards, for example 'Always Forward' to a valid phone number, does not result in ringing at the destination number. The forwarding is shown on the forwarding telephone but that is all, there is no ringing at the destination number. The issue only started recently … maybe with the latest firmware update?

What could be wrong?

(It is probably not a SIP provider problem, the issue is reproducible with two SIP providers.)

RE: Forward: No Ringing at Destination Number? - Klaus_Yealink - 03-02-2017 09:22 AM

Hi,

if you think this is the firmware issue, please try to download to the previous firmware, then test again.

If old firmware could work well, please send us the config.bin/ level6 log/ PCAP file of T42 and the phone which you forward, then we can check the progress between the two phones and server side, then we will check where is the problem.

In addition, since the old firmware could work well, so please send the compare files of old firmware and the latest firmware.

In my option, I suggest you do the below steps:

1.after you upgrade to the latest firmware of T42, please reset the phone firstly.

2.please try to forward to another working number, then check if it's ok?

BR

klaus

RE: Forward: No Ringing at Destination Number? - chmars - 03-06-2017 07:42 AM

Downgrading to older firmware versions did not help (and I was using the latest firmware software when the issue occurred for the first time).

The issue happens with any forwards, i.e., not only with forwards to specific numbers, and at two locations / LANs.

RE: Forward: No Ringing at Destination Number? - Klaus_Yealink - 03-31-2017 06:42 AM

please send me the config.bin/ level6 log/ PCAP file of T42 and the phone which you want to Forward, then I will check that.