Yealink Forums
Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? (/showthread.php?tid=40627)

Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? - saul - 02-19-2017 02:49 PM

Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage?'

Vonage just sent out yealink phones to everyone, and they have no idea too much about the phones-

RE: Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? - anonymous1712222627012 - 02-20-2017 09:35 AM

Hi Saul,

Could you please double check if you have enabled intercom feature on the called party's phone?

Access phone web UI(username/password: admin/your Vonage account number) -> Features -> Intercom
Then set Allow Intercom to Enabled.

BR
Adam

RE: Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? - saul - 02-20-2017 01:19 PM

Yes, I have enabled it on both parties, but when I do a *9 and then extention, the phone responds with "decline"

I called vonage, and they seem to be pretty new with the phones and dont know if they support the feature

(02-20-2017 09:35 AM)Adam Wrote:  Hi Saul,

Could you please double check if you have enabled intercom feature on the called party's phone?

Access phone web UI(username/password: admin/your Vonage account number) -> Features -> Intercom
Then set Allow Intercom to Enabled.

BR
Adam

RE: Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? - anonymous1712222627012 - 02-28-2017 01:01 PM

Hi Saul,

Could you please create a support ticket at Vonage, in the meantime we will check with Vonage engineer to see if Intercom feature is supported by their server.

BR
Adam

RE: Anyone have sucecss using the Intercom with Vonage? - saul - 02-28-2017 01:36 PM

i did, and they told me its not a supported feature.

I set up a multicast with the phones on my network, but it seems like such a shameif the feature is supported why dont they use it- does it use more "bandwidth on their network"? is it a service they charge for feature?

(02-28-2017 01:01 PM)Adam Wrote:  Hi Saul,

Could you please create a support ticket at Vonage, in the meantime we will check with Vonage engineer to see if Intercom feature is supported by their server.

BR
Adam