Yealink Forums
T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T4X phones reboot/hang randomly (/showthread.php?tid=40618)

Pages: 1 2

T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - Jeremie - 02-15-2017 12:37 PM

Hi,

We have more approximately 30 phones, mainly T42G and one T46G.

Since a moment we encounter many reboot. The phone hang or just reboot himself, several times a day.

The phones are connected to POE ethernet cables and we have computers connected to the PC port of the phone, so the user lose internet connection every time the phone reboot.

The funny thing's one phone reboot, then another day it's another one or the same... Very random problem.

Also the phones are very laggy, slow...

Last firmware installed T42-29.81.0.25, static IP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

RE: T4X phones reboot randomly - complex1 - 02-15-2017 10:24 PM

(02-15-2017 12:37 PM)Jeremie Wrote:  Hi,

Since a moment we encounter many reboot. The phone hang or just reboot himself, several times a day.

The phones are connected to POE ethernet cables and we have computers connected to the PC port of the phone, so the user lose internet connection every time the phone reboot.

The funny thing's one phone reboot, then another day it's another one or the same... Very random problem.

Best regards.

Hi Jeremie,

When random phones reboot randomly it could be a result of a bad/weak central power supply.
Please connect the phones with a separate power adapter and not through POE and check again.

Hope this helps.

RE: T4X phones reboot randomly - Jeremie - 02-16-2017 07:45 AM

(02-15-2017 10:24 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
(02-15-2017 12:37 PM)Jeremie Wrote:  Hi,

Best regards.

Hi Jeremie,

When random phones reboot randomly it could be a result of a bad/weak central power supply.
Please connect the phones with a separate power adapter and not through POE and check again.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I have the problem with a T52P base wich reboot itself. I tried to connect the base with AC adapter but the problem still exist. I turn off the auto-provision option and remove the big phone book, it seems to be ok for now.

I turned off the auto-provision on a T46 yesterday and I wait and see the result.

EDIT : T42 updated, auto-provision off, T100 Full Duplex speed, hang this morning, no response from the phone.

Thanks for your help.

RE: T4X phones reboot randomly - complex1 - 02-16-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:EDIT : T42 updated, auto-provision off, T100 Full Duplex speed, hang this morning, no response from the phone.

Hi,

Hard to tell what the possible cause is of the issue.
Have you tried to reset the phones to default settings?
Also please set all radio buttons in “Off” position, which can be found at “Settings – Auto Provision” tab.

RE: T4X phones reboot randomly - Jeremie - 02-17-2017 08:42 AM

(02-16-2017 09:05 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
Quote:EDIT : T42 updated, auto-provision off, T100 Full Duplex speed, hang this morning, no response from the phone.

Hi,

Hard to tell what the possible cause is of the issue.
Have you tried to reset the phones to default settings?
Also please set all radio buttons in “Off” position, which can be found at “Settings – Auto Provision” tab.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

This morning my phone was frozen again. This is a mess, really.

I have already set all the radio buttons on Off at Settings - Auto Provision tab.

Yesterday afternoon it was the T46 phone wich was frozen, I really don't understand what happening.

Thanks for your support.

RE: T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - complex1 - 02-17-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:Yesterday afternoon it was the T46 phone wich was frozen, I really don't understand what happening.

Did you reset the phone(s) to factory default?
And if this not work, then please go back to previous fimware T46-28.80.0.130
Don't forget to reset the phone to factory default after the downgrade.

RE: T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - Jeremie - 02-17-2017 03:54 PM

(02-17-2017 10:46 AM)complex1 Wrote:  
Quote:Yesterday afternoon it was the T46 phone wich was frozen, I really don't understand what happening.

Did you reset the phone(s) to factory default?
And if this not work, then please go back to previous fimware T46-28.80.0.130
Don't forget to reset the phone to factory default after the downgrade.

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I already tried to reset the phones, no luck.

I downgraded 2 phones to 28.80.0.130 this morning and they seems more responsive, no more delay in dial. No hang or reboot since, I keep my fingers crossed.

The bad point, I have another phone, with another IP, wich reboot and update his firmware to 29.81.0.15... Keep waiting to see if the phone will reboot or not...

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Jeremie

RE: T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - Jeremie - 02-20-2017 04:00 PM

Hi,

Since I've downgraded my T42 and a T46 phones, disabled the auto-provision, the "update" process continue on another phones. 3 differents phones reboot himselves with "upgrading" message.

The T46 hang once today, no responses when we press any button. I'll try to reset it tomorrow.

It seems like an update which turn around and try to force an update on the phones but the phones doesn't want it.

I keep you in touch.

Thanks.

Best regards.

RE: T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - Michael_Yealink - 02-26-2017 07:34 AM

hi Jeremie

thanks for your information and sorry for the late reply .

as i checked the reply above and find that it seems the phone is under auto provision that may cause it to upgrade and auto provision may also cause phone reboot .

at the same time you mentioned you use static IP address , then please kindly check if the provision URL is set on the web page :

Settings -> Configuration -> server URL

if no , then it is advised to check below :

1. is there any network multicast paging packages ? this may cause phone reboot

2. have you configured VLAN or LLDP to the phone ? you can also try to disable them for a double check , web page path :
Network -> Advanced

3. you can use the power adapter but not connect the phone to network , then if the phone still reboot itself , then please check the power supply .

if phone not reboot , then it is related to network side, please kindly check step 1 and 2 again .

also you can refer to below FAQ :
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=76
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=125

let me know if any update .

TKS & BR

Michael

RE: T4X phones reboot/hang randomly - Jeremie - 02-28-2017 01:51 PM

Hi,

I'll try the AC adapter soon, I bought some of them but I don't think the problem come from here.

Anyway, all options are disabled, auto provision, VLAN, LLDP.

This morning the phone (T46) was very slow but not hanging. A T42's rebooted once.

A strange thing's the reboots doesn't affect all the phones. Some of them are not updated.

Another strang thing, in the main menu, the updated phones display :

- 1.Status
2.Directory
6.Directory

Yes, two Directory.

The non-updated phones display :

1.Status
2.Feature
3.Settings
6.Directory

This is an "auto-provision" problem, I'm right ?

Thanks for your help.

(02-26-2017 07:34 AM)zouym Wrote:  hi Jeremie

thanks for your information and sorry for the late reply .

as i checked the reply above and find that it seems the phone is under auto provision that may cause it to upgrade and auto provision may also cause phone reboot .

at the same time you mentioned you use static IP address , then please kindly check if the provision URL is set on the web page :

Settings -> Configuration -> server URL

if no , then it is advised to check below :

1. is there any network multicast paging packages ? this may cause phone reboot

2. have you configured VLAN or LLDP to the phone ? you can also try to disable them for a double check , web page path :
Network -> Advanced

3. you can use the power adapter but not connect the phone to network , then if the phone still reboot itself , then please check the power supply .

if phone not reboot , then it is related to network side, please kindly check step 1 and 2 again .

also you can refer to below FAQ :
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=76
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=125

let me know if any update .

TKS & BR

Michael