Yealink Forums
2 Base Stations - 8 Phones - individual phones randomly do not ring on incoming calls - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W56P(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: 2 Base Stations - 8 Phones - individual phones randomly do not ring on incoming calls (/showthread.php?tid=40604)

2 Base Stations - 8 Phones - individual phones randomly do not ring on incoming calls - lilarry - 02-09-2017 10:46 PM

W56P
8 handsets on two base stations - all with separate SIP accounts - all on one inbound ring group.

Inbound calls randomly do not ring individual phones. In no specific order.
One time this phone doesn't ring. The next time another doesn't ring, and the first one does.

In searching the forum I have seen that this problem is not new. Has there ever been a fix?

These are brand new phones - firmware 25.80.0.15

Please help - our customer is upset - and so are we.

RE: 2 Base Stations - 8 Phones - individual phones randomly do not ring on incom .... - complex1 - 02-10-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:8 handsets on two base stations - all with separate SIP accounts - all on one inbound ring group.
How many handsets are registered to one base?

I know there where some questions in the past.
If there are more than 4 handsets registered to one base, randomly one of the handsets does not ring.
My guess is that your observation is probably correct given that the W56P will only support 4 simultaneous calls. I assume the base considers it a call when the INVITE comes in.

Hope this helps.

RE: 2 Base Stations-8 Phones-individual phones randomly do not ring on incoming calls - lilarry - 02-10-2017 04:34 PM

(02-10-2017 01:45 PM)complex1 Wrote:  
Quote:8 handsets on two base stations - all with separate SIP accounts - all on one inbound ring group.
How many handsets are registered to one base?

I know there where some questions in the past.
If there are more than 4 handsets registered to one base, randomly one of the handsets does not ring.
My guess is that your observation is probably correct given that the W56P will only support 4 simultaneous calls. I assume the base considers it a call when the INVITE comes in.

Hope this helps.

There are four handsets registered to each base. I am tending to agree that the 4 simultaneous call maximum may include SIP activity that a human may not necessarily consider a "call".

It would be good to have confirmation from Yealink on this. We have successfully deployed several of these DECT phones with one or two handsets registered to bases, but not 4 per base prior to this. It may be that while as many as 5 handsets can be registered, with as many as 4 simultaneous calls, having four handsets in the same ring group may not be workable. If so, Yealink needs to clarify the specs on these devices.

I am thinking the solution to this problem for this particular customer may be to add some more bases to this arrangement, so that no base has more than two handsets registered to it.

Thoughts?