Yealink Forums
After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login (/showthread.php?tid=40554)

After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - Cory - 01-23-2017 05:22 PM

After attempting to load Firmware version T46-28.81.0.25 from Yealink's web site, 2 of my 5 phones I've tried updating are now unusable.

They rebooted and downloaded for about 20 minutes, but now, they say "No Service" , and I cannot log into them using either the default Yealink credentials or my Vonage credentials. Also, the firmware shows to be 28.81.193.15.

Why would this break my phones?
Why did the credentials change?
Why is the firmware shown on the phone screen higher than the firmware I downloaded?

What can I do to fix this?
I desperately need help.
Thank you.

RE: After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - complex1 - 01-23-2017 07:03 PM

Hi,

Let me try to help.

I’ve read both of your posts and I think your phones are connected to an RPS server because:
1. you cannot upgrade the firmware and if the firmware is upgraded then after a while it is reverted to the original firmware.
2. after a while (periodically re-provisioning by RPS server) the phones lost the (changed) settings and go back to default / predefined settings.
BTW: RPS stands for “Redirection and Provisioning Service”

If you want to unlock the phones I think you have to contact the provider who sold you the phones.

You can force the phone to reset to factory default by pressing the OK button for 10 sec, but I think the phone get the settings from the provider instead of the default settings.

Hope this helps.

RE: After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - Cory - 01-23-2017 07:45 PM

Thank you for the reply... but that's the problem.
Vonage sold us the phones and they're as confused as we are.

Due to a problem with our DSS keys partially losing configuration, Vonage suggested we upgrade the firmware found on Yealink's site using Yealink's procedure to do so.
3 of the 5 phones upgraded without issue... but 2 of them are in a state where they have login credentials neither us nor Vonage know. The phones all get IP addresses, but you can't log into them without the credentials to make any changes or do a factory reset.

Vonage is just as anxious for a fix as we are.

Any other suggestions? I really need to get these phones deployed.

RE: After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - complex1 - 01-23-2017 08:35 PM

OK, please try next (is slight more than only one mouse click):
1. make sure your phones don’t have an internet connection, but leave them connected to your LAN.
2. reset the phones by press the OK button for 10 sec, the phone goes to factory default and after booting up it can’t connect to the RPS server because there is not internet connection, so it can’t download the provisioning file and you can login with the default password.
3. upgrade the firmware
4. factory reset the phone again
5. restore the internet connection.
6. check if everything is OK now.

Good luck.

I’m not 100% for sure if it is possible to upgrade the x.x.193.x firmware to the x.x.0.x firmware.

RE: After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - Cory - 01-23-2017 09:57 PM

Thank you for the information.
What finally worked was to do a forced reset by holding the speakerphone button while powering on... then power cycle without the network connected.
After that, we could login with default credentials... sounds similar to what you suggested.

Once they reset to factory, we could do a little with them (login), but they both still had some weird traits... so we installed the Yealink 28.81.0.25 firmware again to make them fresh.
That seems to have worked, so far.

RE: After firmware update (T46G), No Service, can't login - complex1 - 01-23-2017 10:12 PM

Sounds good.

Please keep us posted.