Yealink Forums
How to control user capability to self-configure phone keys - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: How to control user capability to self-configure phone keys (/showthread.php?tid=40551)

How to control user capability to self-configure phone keys - oliv - 01-23-2017 10:45 AM

Hello,

With firmware 81 (and maybe other versions), phone users can configure phone keys by them-selves when pressing these keys for 5 seconds or more.

After entering "key edition mode", if I may call it this way, users can select key types (URL, BLF, dialspeed, ...) and related settings.

How can I control what is allowed and what is forbidden ?
I would like, for instance, to dedicated some keys to supervision (BLF type) and users select whatever extension they which to supervise. How can I do that ?
How can I forbid on user to supervise the CEO extension, for instance ?

Best regards

RE: How to control user capability to self-configure phone keys - oliv - 01-31-2017 08:21 AM

(01-23-2017 10:45 AM)oliv Wrote:  Hello,

With firmware 81 (and maybe other versions), phone users can configure phone keys by them-selves when pressing these keys for 5 seconds or more.

After entering "key edition mode", if I may call it this way, users can select key types (URL, BLF, dialspeed, ...) and related settings.

How can I control what is allowed and what is forbidden ?
I would like, for instance, to dedicated some keys to supervision (BLF type) and users select whatever extension they which to supervise. How can I do that ?
How can I forbid on user to supervise the CEO extension, for instance ?

Best regards
Hello,

Alternatively, I was thinking of using a dedicated menu using XML. How can I completely disable this feature (being able to change key setting) ?

Best regards

RE: How to control user capability to self-configure phone keys - Karl_Yealink - 02-14-2017 06:10 AM

I think user access level feature can help you, you can configure the user can't modify the DSS key.

About more detail info, please refer to the guide below.
Guide: http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2016-12-1%2F3%2Ffb86cdd7-4e39-4c07-8f9c-23a9ad17f085%2FYealink_IP_Phones_Configuration_Guide_for_User_Access_Level_V81_2​0.pdf