Yealink Forums
Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - No Online Fixes ??? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - No Online Fixes ??? (/showthread.php?tid=40506)

Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - No Online Fixes ??? - Tony23232 - 01-09-2017 01:05 PM

Dear all,

Recently went on my Yealink T28 phone which has been updated with the latest firmware.

Under 'settings' > 'preference' > 'upload ringtone' I proceed to upload a custom ringtone which was in a .wav format.

It uploaded about 20% of the file then the webinterface crashed and the phone restarted.

I checked the phone after it rebooted up and the uploaded ringtone WASNT there.

I then read a guide on the internet saying that the .wav file has to be 8000 / 16bit / mono and the file size shouldnt exceed 100/kbs.

I then edited the .wav file using 'cooleditpro' and made sure the file was of these specs.

I then logged back into the web interface and tried to upload. I now get the message "No Space Left"

Obviously a portion of the previous upload has made its way onto the phone and now the phone is full and I can't upload anything else.

Anyway that we can sort this out as there must be a way to TFTP to the phone all some software that can clear off the custom ringtone uploads.

Right now I cant upload anything else and there is no way to change anything???

I have searched google and seen some other similar forum posts on here, but there has been no answers.

Ideally I dont want to reset the phone or reflash the firmware because it is being using in a busy office and has alot of other config settings that I have setup etc and ideally I dont want to do any type of reset either.

Please help and advise as this is a very simple yet frustrating problem to have.

Regards, Tony

RE: Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - No Online Fixes ? - Travis_Yealink - 01-11-2017 10:00 AM

(01-09-2017 01:05 PM)Tony23232 Wrote:  Dear all,

Recently went on my Yealink T28 phone which has been updated with the latest firmware.

Under 'settings' > 'preference' > 'upload ringtone' I proceed to upload a custom ringtone which was in a .wav format.

It uploaded about 20% of the file then the webinterface crashed and the phone restarted.

I checked the phone after it rebooted up and the uploaded ringtone WASNT there.

I then read a guide on the internet saying that the .wav file has to be 8000 / 16bit / mono and the file size shouldnt exceed 100/kbs.

I then edited the .wav file using 'cooleditpro' and made sure the file was of these specs.

I then logged back into the web interface and tried to upload. I now get the message "No Space Left"

Obviously a portion of the previous upload has made its way onto the phone and now the phone is full and I can't upload anything else.

Anyway that we can sort this out as there must be a way to TFTP to the phone all some software that can clear off the custom ringtone uploads.

Right now I cant upload anything else and there is no way to change anything???

I have searched google and seen some other similar forum posts on here, but there has been no answers.

Ideally I dont want to reset the phone or reflash the firmware because it is being using in a busy office and has alot of other config settings that I have setup etc and ideally I dont want to do any type of reset either.

Please help and advise as this is a very simple yet frustrating problem to have.

Regards, Tony

Hi Tony,

T28P is an old yealink phone model, which has limited memory, and already EOL.

For the issue you met, suggest you to do the factory reset(long press the OK key for 5s), but before you do this, please export the config.bin file first, after you resetting the phone, export the config.bin file back to phone, the setting will remain the same.

For how to export the config.bin file, please refer below FAQ:
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=311

Any question, please feel free to let me know.

Regards
Travis

RE: Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - No Online Fixes ? - Tony23232 - 01-12-2017 08:23 AM

(01-11-2017 10:00 AM)Travis Wrote:  Hi Tony,

For the issue you met, suggest you to do the factory reset(long press the OK key for 5s), but before you do this, please export the config.bin file first, after you resetting the phone, export the config.bin file back to phone, the setting will remain the same.

Regards
Travis

Hi Travis

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue. I didnt actually know this phone was no longer supported by Yealink when I brought it. They still retail for about £150.00 which is quite alot and I managed to pick up 6x of them for about £85.00 each.

I think the phones are excellent quality and am more than happy with them. Much better than the cisco/linksys I have used in the past. I'm really surprised they have just stopped support like that. What if new bugs are discovered in the future, especially around hacking and phone fraud? Quite surprising really.

Anyway, I have taken on the advice you have said. Do you know if this will actually work though?

The reason I asked is because before I came to post on this forum, I did spend a good amount of time searching on here and on google. There have been people who have said they have tried resetting the firmware and they were still unable to clear the ringtone memory from the phone.

Is resetting the phone different to re-flashing the firmware. And do you know if this will work or is this just something you would recommend me to try at this stage???

Thanks for the help again

RE: Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - No Online Fixes ? - Travis_Yealink - 01-12-2017 10:04 AM

(01-12-2017 08:23 AM)Tony23232 Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 10:00 AM)Travis Wrote:  Hi Tony,

Regards
Travis

Hi Travis

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue. I didnt actually know this phone was no longer supported by Yealink when I brought it. They still retail for about £150.00 which is quite alot and I managed to pick up 6x of them for about £85.00 each.

I think the phones are excellent quality and am more than happy with them. Much better than the cisco/linksys I have used in the past. I'm really surprised they have just stopped support like that. What if new bugs are discovered in the future, especially around hacking and phone fraud? Quite surprising really.

Anyway, I have taken on the advice you have said. Do you know if this will actually work though?

The reason I asked is because before I came to post on this forum, I did spend a good amount of time searching on here and on google. There have been people who have said they have tried resetting the firmware and they were still unable to clear the ringtone memory from the phone.

Is resetting the phone different to re-flashing the firmware. And do you know if this will work or is this just something you would recommend me to try at this stage???

Thanks for the help again

Hi Tony,

I think there might some misunderstanding.

T28P is end of line, that means we don't produce it anymore, but our support will continue, please don't worry about it.

To reset the phone is what I recomand you to have a try, but I think it should be the memory reason, reset the phone will clear the memory.

Any update, freely to let me know.

Regards
Travis

RE: Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - Tony23232 - 01-13-2017 05:06 PM

Ok let me try this and come back to you.

RE: Yealink T28 - NO SPACE LEFT - When uploading custom ringtone - Operations - 01-30-2017 10:13 AM

Good morning

* Problem
- I cope with the same problem with a new T21P E2 with firmware 52.81.0.25 or 52.80.0.130

@Support
1) Do you know how can this be fixed ?

Thanks and Best Regards
Marc Leurent