Yealink Forums
Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook (/showthread.php?tid=40498)

Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - Werner1959 - 01-06-2017 04:13 PM

I did export the local directory as a xml-file. Then I did upload the xml-file to my web server and did enter the path to the file into „Remote Phone Book“ in the webinterface.

When I want to access the remote phonebook with my T46G or my T42G appears the message „fail to download remote phonebook“.

What goes wrong?

Additional question:
Do you have an app, with which it is possible, to edit xml-phonebooks directly on a webserver?

RE: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - complex1 - 01-06-2017 07:01 PM

(01-06-2017 04:13 PM)Werner1959 Wrote:  I did export the local directory as a xml-file. Then I did upload the xml-file to my web server and did enter the path to the file into „Remote Phone Book“ in the webinterface.

When I want to access the remote phonebook with my T46G or my T42G appears the message „fail to download remote phonebook“.

What goes wrong?

Additional question:
Do you have an app, with which it is possible, to edit xml-phonebooks directly on a webserver?

Hi,

Make shure the Remote Phone Book XML-file looks something like this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<XXXIPPhoneDirectory>
  <Title>Phonelist</Title>
  <Prompt>Prompt</Prompt>
  <DirectoryEntry>
    <Name>John Smith</Name>
    <Telephone>00923446585741</Telephone>
  </DirectoryEntry>
  <DirectoryEntry>
    <Name>Big Brother</Name>
    <Telephone>0018845982266</Telephone>
  </DirectoryEntry>
</XXXIPPhoneDirectory>

And not as the copied Local Phone Book like this

Code:
<root_group>
    <group display_name="All Contacts" />
    <group display_name="Blacklist" />
</root_group>
<root_contact />

RE: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - Werner1959 - 01-08-2017 06:36 PM

Thank you, Frank. I tried it with this

Code:
<XXXIPPhoneDirectory>
<Title>Phonelist</Title>
<Prompt>Prompt</Prompt>
<contact display_name="Test1" office_number="11111" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="-1" ring="Auto" default_photo="" selected_photo="0" group_id_name="group1" />
<contact display_name="Test2" office_number="22222" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="-1" ring="Auto" default_photo="" selected_photo="0" group_id_name="group2" />
<contact display_name="Test3" office_number="33333" mobile_number="" other_number="" line="-1" ring="Auto" default_photo="" selected_photo="0" group_id_name="group3" />
</XXXIPPhoneDirectory>

But there comes in the display "No entry".

@YEALINK, you should make a button in the webinterface in "Directory" to generate an external phonebook automatically out of the local directory.

All other workarounds with Excel etc. are not really professional.

RE: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - complex1 - 01-08-2017 06:54 PM

Hi Werner,

Have you tried my solution? Only for testing?

Xml files can be created / edited / maintained with a XML editor, e.g. Notepad++ 32 or 64 bit version.
It’s free to use. Just give it a try.
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.3.html

RE: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - Lucia_Yealink - 01-09-2017 05:55 AM

Dear Sir,

In Yealnk website, we have a phonebook generate tool for the customer. You can use the tool below to generate the remote phone book:
http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2016-12-1%2F3%2F5af0bb94-d510-4702-9261-907f836b70c4%2FYealink%20Phonebook%20Generation%20Tool_V81_20.zip

Any question, please let me know.

RE: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - Werner1959 - 01-09-2017 11:39 AM

(01-08-2017 06:54 PM)complex1 Wrote:  Hi Werner,

Have you tried my solution? Only for testing?

Xml files can be created / edited / maintained with a XML editor, e.g. Notepad++ 32 or 64 bit version.
It’s free to use. Just give it a try.
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.3.html
Yes, I have replaced the head and the foot according to your specifications. The single phone book entries, several hundred, I left unchanged. Editing all entries individually is for me no serious option for the business. Same I think about xml-Editor.

I need a tool for my office employees, which with I can easily in a window
- input
- edit
- delete
an phonebook entry.

Therefore all other is no business solution.

(01-09-2017 05:55 AM)Lucia Wrote:  In Yealnk website, we have a phonebook generate tool for the customer. You can use the tool below to generate the remote phone book:
http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2016-12-1%2F3%2F5af0bb94-d510-4702-9261-907f836b70c4%2FYealink%20Phonebook%20Generation%20Tool_V81_20.zip
Dear Lucia,

sorry, but this excel "solution" is not a professional phonebook administration for an external phone book. It is not a professional solution.

In my firm editing and managing the central phonebook is not my personal job. I need a solution which must be easily usable for every simple office worker.

A suggestion for this:
Editing and managing phonebook would be possible on one of the T46G phones.
It should neither to heavy nor to expensive for your programmers to develop a solution to export this one local phonebook to a format to use as an external phonebook. For example: In the local phonebook a button "Export as an external phonebook". If I press the button I may save it to the central webserver. All other phones than would can access then this central external phonebook.

RE: Exported XML-phonebook from lokal directory does not work as remote phonebook - Lucia_Yealink - 01-10-2017 02:28 AM

HI Werner,

Sorry to hear that. We will make it more professional constantly.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will feedback it to our PD and take it into account .