Yealink Forums
Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T2xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone (/showthread.php?tid=40451)

Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - nestman - 12-20-2016 06:25 PM

When my friend calls, and I answer using the T22 speakerphone, he and I can hear some weird static noise. If I answer using the handset, this does not happen. Does this mean the microphone in my T22 is going bad?

Thank you.

RE: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - complex1 - 12-20-2016 07:34 PM

Hi,

I don’t have a 100% guaranteed solution, but please factory default the phone so all parameters set to their default values and test again.

Hope this help.

RE: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - Travis_Yealink - 12-27-2016 12:58 PM

(12-20-2016 06:25 PM)nestman Wrote:  When my friend calls, and I answer using the T22 speakerphone, he and I can hear some weird static noise. If I answer using the handset, this does not happen. Does this mean the microphone in my T22 is going bad?

Thank you.

Hi,

This is Travis from yealink technical support team.

Please factory reset the phone(long press the OK key for 5s), after factory reset, if the issue still exist, it should be the hardware issue of your microphone.

Any question, freely to let me know.

Regards,
Travis

RE: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - nestman - 01-07-2017 11:49 PM

I took a lot of time configuring my phone. Resetting it will cause me to lose all of my settings, right? Isn't there another way to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

RE: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - complex1 - 01-08-2017 10:24 AM

Hi,

Yes. Resetting the phone will cause that all your settings are lost.

You can change the phone audio parameters for example, but there is and will be no guarantee at all that this will solve the issue.
That’s why a factory reset is recommended.

Maybe what you can try is to switch off (power down) the phone completely, wait 2 minutes and switch it on again.

Hope this help.

RE: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - Travis_Yealink - 01-09-2017 08:18 AM

(01-07-2017 11:49 PM)nestman Wrote:  I took a lot of time configuring my phone. Resetting it will cause me to lose all of my settings, right? Isn't there another way to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Hi,

You can export the configuration file-->reset the phone to factory-->import the configuration file.

Please go to web interface-->Settings-->Configuration-->Export/Import Config.bin file

Freely to let me know if any question.

BR
Travis

RE: Weird noise when answering via speakerphone - nestman - 06-16-2021 03:05 AM

Okay, after several years I am back again trying to resolve this issue. I followed the directions that were suggested by Travis_Yealink:

export the configuration file-->reset the phone to factory-->import the configuration file

But now when I try to dial out the calls is not going through. Ugh. I thought backing up the config file was supposed to retain all my settings? What went wrong? I use these Yealink phones with a Grandstream IP/PBX.