Yealink Forums
T46G Paging Issue - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T46G Paging Issue (/showthread.php?tid=40447)

T46G Paging Issue - Stuart - 12-19-2016 04:25 AM

Hi -

On our T46G's, i have the DSS keys set up as BLF's for different rooms in our home.

FreePBX is set up to auto answer any internal paging so that we can communicate around the home.

If i press a BLF for one extension (say, Kitchen), and there is no one there, naturally i may press another BLF (say, Office) to see if they are there.

The problem is, what actually happens is after i press Kitchen, if i do not hang up first and instead just press Office, the two parties are instead connected together with me shut out! I then have to go to either Kitchen or Office and manually hang up.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be?

In Features->Transfer->Transfer via DSSKey is set to 'Blind Transfer' if that is relevant.

Thanks

RE: T46G Paging Issue - nick.spannagel - 12-19-2016 01:34 PM

(12-19-2016 04:25 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Hi -

On our T46G's, i have the DSS keys set up as BLF's for different rooms in our home.

FreePBX is set up to auto answer any internal paging so that we can communicate around the home.

If i press a BLF for one extension (say, Kitchen), and there is no one there, naturally i may press another BLF (say, Office) to see if they are there.

The problem is, what actually happens is after i press Kitchen, if i do not hang up first and instead just press Office, the two parties are instead connected together with me shut out! I then have to go to either Kitchen or Office and manually hang up.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be?

In Features->Transfer->Transfer via DSSKey is set to 'Blind Transfer' if that is relevant.

Thanks

Essentially what is happening in your scenario is that you are "blind transferring" the kitchen phone to the office phone. When you are on the line with kitchen, pressing the office key transfers your current call there.

RE: T46G Paging Issue - Stuart - 12-20-2016 01:48 AM

[/quote]

Essentially what is happening in your scenario is that you are "blind transferring" the kitchen phone to the office phone. When you are on the line with kitchen, pressing the office key transfers your current call there.
[/quote]

Great, thanks Nick

Question: Do you know how i can change that behavior? So that as i page through to any room, the previous call is hung up instead of blind transferring.

Thank you

RE: T46G Paging Issue - Travis_Yealink - 12-30-2016 08:22 AM

[/quote]

Great, thanks Nick

Question: Do you know how i can change that behavior? So that as i page through to any room, the previous call is hung up instead of blind transferring.

Thank you
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes, in your scenario, it's caused by our phone mechanism.
Please change the Blind Transfer to New Call.

Any question, freely to let me know.

Regards,
Travis