Yealink Forums
Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet (/showthread.php?tid=40342)

Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - amichy - 11-28-2016 01:47 PM

Hi

Is there a way to prevent the phone to send "busy" 486 while the user is just typing the digits on the dial pad BEFORE he press dial or pickup the handset to actually make the call?

Thanks,

Amichy

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - Lucia_Yealink - 11-30-2016 11:11 AM

Hi Amichy,

About your problem, do you mean when you are just typing the digits, the phone will send 486 busy message to the server? Where do you get the message? What does the phone LCD prompt? Can you describe the scenario more detail? Thank you.

Also, it would be better if you provide the level 6 syslog, config.bin and pace trace when you reproduce this issue. About how to get the three files, please refer to the FAQ below:
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=313

Best Regards,
Lucia

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - Werner1959 - 12-01-2016 12:54 PM

Hi amichy,

I do not know which specific phone or what telephone system you have. Here in the office the T42G and the T46G, which are connected to a local telephone system, do NOT send “busy”, while I first had pressed some digits and after this someone is calling me before I am dialing or picking up the handset.

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - amichy - 01-09-2017 08:59 PM

Hi all

Sorry for the delay - I missed your replies Smile

We use mostly yeahlink T2X | 1X etc with freeswitch sip gateway

the phone status once you just pressing the digits is simple - show the pressed digits. if you try to call the device - its send 486 busy
same - if you pickup the handset.

I wil post the logs ASAP

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - Lucia_Yealink - 01-10-2017 02:41 AM

Thank you for your check.
Is the phone send 486 every time when you want to make a call? If not, how often?
How many phones you have in total? And how many of them have the issue?

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - amichy - 01-10-2017 08:35 AM

It happened if "call waiting" is disabled

Files attached logs.zip

Test was done on T21p E2 latest Firmware (T21P_E2-52.81.0.25)

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - Lucia_Yealink - 01-11-2017 07:42 AM

You get the “Busy here” from the LCD, right?
How many phones you have in total? If only T21P E2 have the issue? If not, what is the model of the other phone? how many phones have the issue?
With all the infomation, then I will submit the files to our R&D to do further analyze. Any update, will update to you.

Looking forward to your reply.

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - Lucia_Yealink - 01-11-2017 07:53 AM

Since when you enabled the call waiting feature, the phone can dail out normally. Can you provide the level 6 syslog, config.bin and pace trace when dail out successfully to make a comparison? So that we can locate the problem more quickly. Thank you.

RE: Phone is busy while user press dial pad digits but didnt actually "Dial" yet - amichy - 01-12-2017 07:08 AM

Hi

No, the callee phone do not show anything. the caller gets busy

(01-11-2017 07:42 AM)Lucia Wrote:  You get the “Busy here” from the LCD, right?
How many phones you have in total? If only T21P E2 have the issue? If not, what is the model of the other phone? how many phones have the issue?
With all the infomation, then I will submit the files to our R&D to do further analyze. Any update, will update to you.

Looking forward to your reply.