Yealink Forums
T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout (/showthread.php?tid=39942)

T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout - altgrsa - 11-20-2016 12:14 PM

Hello,

is it possible to boot to DSS expanded 29 buttons layout as a default instead of booting to the 12 buttons layout? If yes can I return automatically to this layout when conversation ends?

Thank you in advance for help

RE: T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout - Karl_Yealink - 11-21-2016 09:44 AM

Sorry that it can't support.
Can you tell me why do you need this feature?

RE: T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout - altgrsa - 11-21-2016 09:53 AM

(11-21-2016 09:44 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote:  Sorry that it can't support.

This is just a customer request, they prefer this layout. They are already using EXP40P too.

RE: T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout - celito - 11-23-2016 01:42 PM

(11-20-2016 12:14 PM)altgrsa Wrote:  is it possible to boot to DSS expanded 29 buttons layout as a default instead of booting to the 12 buttons layout?
I have had clients request this as well. Additionally we have had multiple people request the ability to bypass the on-screen number pad which I posted about here: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?mode=linear&tid=16228&pid=#pid but it hasn't been implemented.

(11-20-2016 12:14 PM)altgrsa Wrote:  If yes can I return automatically to this layout when conversation ends?

In my experience it does do this. It won't boot to showing all keys but once you turn it on, it will return to that view between calls.

(11-21-2016 09:44 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote:  Sorry that it can't support.
We have a lot of people buy the 48 over the 46 specifically because they are a receptionist and want the ability to quickly and easily transfer to many different employees. The way the T48 works now you have an extra button press to get to any of the keys when making or transferring a call. It ends up actually being more button presses than it does to transfer on the T46 (see my attached screenshots and explanations in the thread I linked above).

I assume this is the same reason altgrsa is requesting to have it boot straight to DSS keys expanded. The main benefit of having all the keys on 1 screen is not having to go through multiple pages like you do on the T46, yet the keys always being hidden ultimately makes it just as much work.

Hopefully that makes sense.

RE: T48G boot to 29 DSS buttons layout - Karl_Yealink - 11-29-2016 03:34 PM

There is no option can configure expanded 29 buttons layout as a default.
But if you press the DSS expand key to make the phone show 29 buttons layout.
If you don't press DSS expand key again, it won't change to 12 buttons layout even after conversation.

The customer just need to press the DSS key one time to show all buttons and don't press any more.
It will also show all buttons.