Yealink Forums
Not showing spanish special characters in the callerid with asterisk - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Not showing spanish special characters in the callerid with asterisk (/showthread.php?tid=3937)

Not showing spanish special characters in the callerid with asterisk - arcanos - 06-11-2015 11:56 PM

Dear friends

I've been trying to fix this, but at the momento I've been uncapable. We are a spanish company that uses Yealink phones with asterisk. Our problem is that if the caller name has an special character (áéíóúñ...), when the call enters in the destination phone, the name doesn't show correctly.

One easy example...

exten => 150,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=María)
same => n,Dial(SIP/usernamefor150,45,two)
same => n,HangUp()

... when you dial 150, in the LCD appears...

Mar?

... instead of...

María

Also happens with realtime extensions or if you define it in sip.conf. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

RE: Not showing spanish special characters in the callerid with asterisk - Flora_Yealink - 06-12-2015 12:16 AM

Hi Alberto,

Which version you used ?
I tested the latest version 28.73.0.50 on T46, it can work well.
Best Regards!
Flora

RE: Not showing spanish special characters in the callerid with asterisk - arcanos - 06-12-2015 02:22 PM

Hi Flora

Mmmm... It's really strange because I've tried with different phone models and firmware versions.

Now I'm testing with a T41P and a 36.73.0.50 firmware version. Same results with a T28P and 2.73.0.50 firmware. Now I don't have a T46 to test.

But doing the exact same test with a Cisco SPA504g works OK. I see "María" in the LCD.

Which version of asterisk are you using? Have you tried the piece of dialplan I posted or are you doing a different test? Do you have any T41P or similar to do the test (T46 is one of the more advanced models, so maybe it has something different)?

Thanks for all

Regards

Alberto